𝟎𝟗 | 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝.

"You've got to be kidding me

"You've got to be kidding me." Jean complained, "Are we on a sight seeing tour now? How much further do they want us to stray off course?"

You were riding on the outskirts to a forest of thick tall trees. Only the center rank was allowed to go through the forest while everyone else was ordered to ride around.

"Captain Erwin probably has an idea." Armin wondered aloud, "Maybe he's improvising because of the Titan situation."

"Well that sure gives me a lot of confidence." Jean said sarcastically, "Maybe he's looking for a nice spot to throw all of us a celebratory picnic."

You scoffed at the comment, "I wish. Maybe this is his way of taking cover from the Female Titan. It could be a good hiding spot." You shrugged.

"No way. I'm praying he doesn't expect us to camp out here." Jean replied, "Not with that Female Titan up our ass. No one in their right mind would make a stop here. We'd be like sitting ducks."

And as if on cue, one of the squad leaders yelled out to everyone, "All soldiers, halt!"

Everyone quickly stopped their advances, grouping together around some smaller trees to tie their horses to.

You all gathered around the leader as he announced, "Alright, rookies, listen up! We're assuming intercept position within the trees, so go find a perch! If any Titans attempt to enter the forest, stop them with whatever it takes!"

Damn you, Jean. You spoke this into existence.

"Excuse me, sir." Jean asked nervously, "Why exactly are—"

The soldier zipped off before Jean could even finish his question. And that only pissed the boy off more. He grumbled furiously under his breath.

"What'd I miss?" Bertholdt asked, suddenly appearing beside you. You turned to see him, and the addition of a few others to the group: Mikasa, Sasha, Connie, and Ymir.

Reiner jumped to the opportunity, "A bunch—"

"I've given you an order!" The soldier suddenly snapped from above, glaring at the rest of you.