I 37 I

☂ kiss me like it's the Fourth of July ☂ 

Great, what do I say to that? 

I nod slowly, tapping my fingers anxiously on the chair arm. Five smirks, leaning back in bed. His hair is slightly messy from, well, from laying on the ground, which is a surprisingly welcome change from his usual stick straight gelled-to-perfection look. 

'Good to know,' I blow out a slow breath. 'Yep. Um. Okay.' 

'Why do you look so nervous?' Five asks, training his dark green eyes on mine. 

'Well,' I swallow. 'This is usually the part when...' 

'The part when, what?' 

His eyebrows twitch, and he runs a hand through his hair, seemingly unconsciously tipping his head to the side. 

'Uh.' 

'Oh.' Recognition shoots across Five's face. 'That part.' 

'Well, it's up to you,' I cross my legs. 

'I mean, I thought it was supposed to be a mutual-non-discussed decision,' Five frowns. 'But if you want to..' 

'What about the end of the world?' I remind him. 

'Screw the world,' Five's tone lowers. 'We have time.' 

'Holy shit, did you just say we have time?' I gasp, my hands coming to my mouth dramatically. 'That's a sentence I never thought I'd hear Five Hargreeves say.' 

'Just shut up, Y/n,' Five rolls his eyes. 

'As you wish,' I smirk, standing up. 'How's your...' I glance at his bullet wound. 

'It's just fine, thank you very much,' Five says, slightly disgruntled. 'I don't see why there'd by anything wrong with it.' 

'Uh, Five.' I press my lips together. 'I meant your injury.' 

'Oh,' His eyes widen. 'Let's pretend that didn't happen..' 

'No way,' I grin. 'If you're that insecure about it I'm definitely going to tell Klaus.' 

'Alright, then I'm telling him what you said to me back in the first apocalypse.' He says cheekily. 

'That's not fair,' I glare. 'I don't know what I said back then.' 

'Exactly,' Five clicks his tongue. 'Now sit.' 

I sit down on the bed, climbing under the covers beside him. 

'I swear to god, if you get all commanding on me I'll-' 

Five leans over, kissing me hard. My lips part and his tongue slips into my mouth. I gasp against him, trailing my hands down his bare chest. Five sighs softly, pulling me onto him. My legs are over his, and his hands are still tangled in my hair. 

'You sure?' Five pulls away. 'I don't want to rush you.' 

I bite back a laugh. 'In case you hadn't noticed, we don't exactly have that much time.' 

'Come on, Y/n,' His expression becomes serious. 'I-' 

'Yes,' I respond. 'I don't think we're rushing anything.' 

He nods, wrapping his arms around my back. I lean closer to him, hands around his neck. 

I think you can surmise the rest. 

But, for those of you who can't...

.

.

.