Unease | خلش

Unedited:

Tujh say bichrha hai magar ishq kahan khatum hova,

Yeh wo jeeti hovi bazi hai jo haari na gyi.

tou hai wo khwab jo ankhon say uthara na gya,

tou wo khwahish hai jo hum say kabhi maari na gyi.

___________________________

It's been over three weeks since the incident. In these past three weeks so much has changed in their lives. Faryal and Zahra were staying at Khan villa. Zohaib used to pay them a visit every evening and would leave after putting Zahra to sleep. Faryal was still stuck to her words and avoided him as much as possible and was successful in doing that. 

Zohaib was extremely patient all that time. As much as her behavior was hurting him, he gave her time. He had sleepless and lonely nights, missing Zahra but yet he gave Faryal the right over his own flesh and blood and didn't complain even once. On the other hand, Faryal was restless too. She had several emotional breakdowns but somehow she convinced herself that all this was better for her than his rejection. And above all, there was one question which was bothering both of them and they have been asking themselves was, "What's going to be the future of their daughter because she can not live without her both parents".

"Which color of the flower do you want Zahra?", Faryal asked Zahra showing yellow and red paint tubes to Zahra. 

"red or yellow? Which one Zahra?".

Zahra starred at Faryal with her eyes wide open, and then picked up a green color paint tube from the floor and gave it to Faryal.

"It's green", Faryal laughed. "But don't worry we can paint the leaves and grass by using green color".

"Zahra wants her flower green", Amma Jan chuckled. Faryal turned her head and looked at Amma Jan who was sitting on the sofa.

"She would understand eventually Amma Jan.", Faryal smiled and turned her head back to Zahra. "She is a baby, Ammi's little baby", Faryal said in a baby voice and kissed Zahra's nose.

Faryal poured down a bit of green color on the palette.

"Ammi", Zahra called her and sat down near Faryal, keeping her one hand on Faryal's thigh.

"Yes", Faryal looked up from the palette towards Zahra, but Zahra didn't reply instead she was intently looking at whatever Faryal was doing.

Faryal picked up the red and yellow tubes and poured some patches of them on the palette also.

"Ammiii", this time Zahra dragged her name a bit.

"Ji Ammi ki Jan (Yes, Ammi's soul)", Faryal glanced back at Zahra. Zahra signaled towards the colors probably asking for what was that.

"We are going to draw and paint so my baby can learn to differentiate between the colors, Nana Abu (maternal granddad) has brought these for you yesterday, remember?", Faryal said.

"Let's start", Faryal picked up a brush, she dipped it into the red paint.

"This is red, your favorite color these days", Faryal said to her. They were busy painting and controlling Zahra from touching the colors.

"Faryal bibi can you please check the expiry date of these medicines?", Azra baji said. Faryal placed the paintbrush on the palette. She took the medicine one by one from Azra baji and explained the dates. Zahra moved away.

"That's all Azra baji, if you still have confusion do ask me", Faryal said politely.

"No, I understood", Azra baji said.