16- Break-Out

Bucky groans as he begins to wake up. He opens his eyes to see he was in an abandoned factory, Steve and Sam standing in front of him.

He tried to move his arm only to be unable to, for it was being held down firmly by a large machine. He turned too at his old friend "Steve".

Steve walked up and looked him over "Which Bucky am I talking to?".

Bucky pauses for a second, going into his slowly returning memory "Your mom's name was Sarah..you used to wear newspapers in your shoes" He says, beginning to lightly chuckle at the warm memory.

A small smile plays on Steve's face "Can't read that in a museum".

"Just like that we're suppose to be cool?" Sam asked, giving him a look.

Dread begins to fill Bucky's heart "What did I do?".

"Enough" Steve replies.

Bucky sighs and drops his head down "Oh god, I knew this would happen. Everything HYDRA put in me is still there, all he had to do is say the goddamn words".

"Who was he?" Steve asked.

"I don't know".

"People are dead. The bombings, the setup, the doctor did all of that just to get ten minutes with you" He pressed on "I need you to do better than 'I don't know".

Bucky paused "He wanted to know about Siberia, where I was kept...he wanted to know exactly where".

"Why would he need to know that?".

Lifting up his head, he sighs "Because I'm not the only winter soldier".

Steve looked at Sam before he turned back to Bucky "Who were they?".

"Their most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history, and that was before the serum".

"They all turned out like you?" Sam asked, a little attitude in his tone.

Bucky turned to look at him "Worse".

"The doctor, could he control them?".

"...Enough".

Steve pondered for a moment "He said he wanted to see an empire fall".

"With these guys he can do it" Bucky replies "They speak thirty languages, can hide in plain sight. Infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize; they can take a whole country down in one night and you would never see them coming".

Sam walks over to Steve and whispers "This would've been a lot easier a week ago".

Steve sighed "If we call Tony-"

"No, he won't believe us" Sam says, shaking his bead.

"..But even if he did-"

"-Who knows if the accords would let him help" He points out.

Steve mentally curses and huffs "We're on our own".