ᴇᴘɪꜱᴏᴅᴇ 1

park beomi p

park beomi p.o.v

i wish i had an inspiring story to tell. unfortunately, my story is only beginning.

my life has always been tragedy after tragedy. nothing, absolutely nothing, is left for me to lose.

still, i will not let that stop me. i have no one to trust but myself. i cannot give up so easily for my own good.

...

"no siblings?"

"again, no, sir."

"no aunts? uncles? cousins? grandparents? not even legal guardians?"

i shook my head no, "i'm on my own, sir."

"i seriously thought this application was a joke," he sighed, "alright, beomi. it seems everything is set. i guess you are officially welcome to saebom high school."

i bowed and received my school papers from mr. han.

"ah, sujin-" a girl passing by in the hallway peeked into the teachers office- "can you show park beomi, our new student, the way to her class? you two are in the same one anyways."

she nodded and motioned for me to follow her. many students stared at us walking, while i observed her. she was serious, mature.

"alright, here we are. if you need help with anything you can ask me. i'm kang sujin, by the way. you're park beomi, right?"

"yep, that's me." i smiled awkwardly.

"it's strange. you're the second transfer student this week."

"ah, really?"

there was a short pause before she finally entered the classroom. i waited for the teacher to notice me.

"ah! a new transfer student. another friend for the class, park beomi."

he pulled me in, to stand at the front of the class.

"please, introduce yourself."

"hello, i'm park beomi. uh, please take care of me."

to my surprise they all started talking about me as if i wasn't standing right in front of them.

"she's pretty."

"not as much as jugyeong, though."

"she looks weird."

"another goddess?!"

"very pretty."

"not that much guys, don't exaggerate. heheh."

"she will help our class' visual average!"

"she looks like a troublemaker."

"i wonder if she has a boyfriend."

"she looks foreign."

they all spoke over each other but i picked up on most of their superficial comments.

"everyone! stop talking about who's pretty and who isn't. you already know that everyone in this room is beautiful in my eyes!"

everyone cringed at the teacher's comment.

"okay. beomi, you can sit next to suho." he pointed.

i felt eyes still on me as i went to take my seat but ignored it. i'm used to it.

i turned to this suho guy. i pulled out my literature book as i noticed he was reading his.

i whispered, "what are we doing?"

he didn't respond. i narrowed my eyes at him.

"hey. can't you help me?"

he looked up at me, his eyes full of, well, nothing. no emotions.

"please?"

he took my book from me and flipped to a page. he placed it back on my desk and continued reading.

"oh. okay. thanks."

...

before i knew it, class had ended and lunch period had begun. most students were gone. i remained in my seat, only using my phone.

"psst, park beomi."

i looked up as i heard my name being called. a girl with cute, short hair was signaling me to come sit with her and another girl who was busy applying lip gloss.

i reluctantly went to their seats and greeted them.

"wah, you are much prettier up close. my name is choi sua. this is im jugyeong-" jugyeong greeted me shyly- "give me your number and social media id so we can be friends!"

"sure, but i don't use social media."

she gave me concerned look, "what is with pretty girls not using social media? jugyeong and you would be so popular, i just know it!"

right then we all looked up to find sujin coming towards us. sua smiled excitedly.

"this is my bestie-"

"-kang sujin."

sua looked at me shocked as sujin and i smiled at each other.

"you guys know each other?"

"we met this morning. i helped her find her class. oh, beomi, this is the other transfer student i was talking about." she motioned at jugyeong.

i smiled at her, "i guess we already have things in common, im jugyeong."

we continued talking and they invited me to have lunch with them.

i followed the girls to the lunchroom. all eyes were on us. all except one pair. suho's, obviously.

i'll never understand what's up with him. but it isn't my business. i couldn't care less. for now.