Chapter 90

Their arrival had brought the entire country to bittersweet tears and victorious cries of joy. 

The capital mourned for the loss of the healers, while mothers wailed and cried out for their lost sons. 

The army marched home with smiles plastered on their faces. They cried happily and embraced their family and friends, while many families were left waiting for their deceased sons.

Celine became extremely emotional at the scene before her, and she leaned onto Draco for support. 

She turned to the floor, not being able to watch them. She wanted to run into her family's arms, she wanted to know how Hala was doing, yet she refused to search for them. It was as if all the sounds were tuned out of her ears until there was a desperate tug on her arm. 

Celine was pulled back to reality and faced a middle aged woman with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Are you lady Celine?" She asked, sniffling. 

Celine looked to her right and saw Aaron clinging on to the woman like a child, and Eli gently patting the small of her back.

"Yes, you must be Aaron and Eli's mother."

"Yes, yes. I am their mother. This is my husband."

A taller man with a gentle expression gave her the warmest smile Celine had ever seen. It was warm and filled with joy, yet there was sorrow in his eyes. 

"Nice to meet you sir. I am very sorry for your loss." Celine stiffened and lowered her body, paying her respects. She looked up and smiled sincerely. "Aaron and Eli are such wonderful men. They helped me so much, and it's a blessing to know them."

Suddenly, the weeping woman threw herself on Celine and embraced her. Celine had flinched, half expecting the mother to scorn her for not saving her other sons. 

The mother squeezed Celine tight, and she gently returned the hug.

"Thank you so much, your grace. Thank you so much. Thank you for returning Aaron. We are deeply indebted to you. I couldn't live without my boys. So thank you for saving Aaron." The woman's grieving tone brought Celine to tears. The mother had lost many sons, but she still felt lucky that at least 2 of her children returned safely. When the news of the massacre had reached her ears, she had fainted. Aaron was the youngest in the entire army, and there was no hope that he would have survived. He was loved by the locals for his adorable smile and lively personality. The entire town crowded the streets for news or letters from the soldiers every day. Aaron's parents waited day and night, hoping to receive any news of their sons. 

However, a letter had arrived from Eli, stating the miraculous event. The mother was overwhelmed with gratitude and love for lady Celine. They would forever worship her as an Empress and savior.

"Long live Emperor Akihiko and Lady Celine!" The people shouted with pride. 

"Long live Lady Celine!"

Celine's heart bled as she was continuously approached by families expressing their respect and praises. She had nearly received the same amount of praises that the Emperor received. 

The people saw the two figures marching with a humble expression, guarded by dragons that had only existed in legends. They watched in awe, as if they were witnessing a moment in history that would never be forgotten. 

Krastia would surely become a flourishing country blessed with the greatest emperor.

***

Multiple burial rituals were performed throughout the year, along with ceremonies and festivals to prevent evil spirits from haunting their country.

In order for Krastia to accept the Zionittes into the country, Celine was engaged to the emperor of Krastia. Their union symbolized peace and reassurance to the people for they were celebrated and loved by the country. Because Celine had become a well respected figure, no one would dare hurt or ostracize the Zionittes.

Instead of preparing for a grand wedding, Celine focused on foreign affairs, while Akihiko reformed the laws of the land. Celine created programs for the Zionittes, ensuring that they wouldn't face discrimination or prejudice. In order to end discrimination against the Zionittes, she began with the children.

 They were to grow up amongst one another in the same school, where they would learn to normalize unique appearances. Thanks to Ichika and Eiji, the bullying was greatly reduced. She also wanted to keep the Zionitte culture alive, encouraging many survivors to open restaurants and creating a safe community for the refugees. It was important for Celine to inform the entire country of what had occurred during the war and that the fault was with the devil alone. She believed it was a history lesson that should never be repeated, and wanted to ensure that the Zionittes would not be blamed or mistreated. Therefore, Celine took control over cultural affairs within the country to regulate and implement specific social laws.

Although the war had created many superstitions and spread fear amongst the locals, many traditions to drive out such negative energy took place. The people were reassured that they would be safe due to Draco and Red along with the Emperor's strength and Celine's god-like craftsmanship.

 A couple of years later, the country had returned to its original state and moved on with their everyday lives.