The chase

After the incident in Omashu, Azula started to try to track down the Avatar. She was able to find a lead as Goku found some fur from the flying bison they were using to escape. But instead of going after the Avatar right away, Azula decided to wait and get a transporting war machine to aid them. Inside the war machine, Azula and her friends were very comfy, but Goku was very desperate, He preferred to run or fly himself, but his sister told him to go with them as the flying technique needed to be better, and that they need to transport Ty Lee and Mai.

After a few days, they were able to catch up with the Avatar. Once they were able to watch the flying bison, they only got closer but not enough so they can be able to get into a full attack. That was Azula's plan as she wants to capture the Avatar although Goku would love to fight him one-on-one, Azula told him that to catch him without risking the lives of their friends and the military, they need to do it that way, and Goku reluctantly agreed. Then while Goku was sleeping, they decided to attack the Avatar, as they stopped running. Azula, Mai, and Ty Lee get out with some Mongoose lizards, but the Avatar scaped again. After a while Goku waked up and realized that her sister and her friends were not there, then the pilot told Goku where they went and started to run in that direction, then he jumped to a cliff which made the pilot worried, but when he looked down there was nobody and it seems that the trees from the forest were moving.

Goku was able to reach the girls, they were near a little river.

- Oh, you finally wake up.

- Why did you let me behind?

- Because you sleep half a day.

Ty Lee was laughing a little bit. But Mai was watching Goku as she tries to understand something.

- So, what do I miss?

- The Avatar tried to trick us, he is leaving the trace behind in one direction, but for the way the trees are, it seems that their flying bison went in another direction.

- Oh, I see.

- Mai and Ty Lee, you go to the direction where the fly bison will be. Goku, you come with me. we are going where this trace takes us.

The group separated. When Goku and Azula left Ty Lee asked Mai with an upset voice.

- So, are you switching from Zuko to Goku?

- What are you talking about?

- Well, I saw the way you were looking at him.

- Agh! I was wondering, how he could catch up with us that fast without a Mongoose-Lizard. It seems that he came running but he did not look tired or anything.

- Oh, it was just that.

- I won't take away your muscle boyfriend.

On the Goku and Azula side. Goku was running at the par of the Mongoose-Lizard until they entered a little abandoned town. In the center of the town was a kid, he looked a few years younger than them, with a tattoo of an arrow on his head.

- Very well, you found me. Now tell me, who are you? And what do you want?

- You mean you haven't guessed? Can't you see the family resemblance? Here is a hint. "I must find the Avatar to restore my honor".

Goku laughed a little but the Avatar was still standing, almost too serious.

- Is ok, you can laugh, it's funny.

- So, what now?

- Now? Now is over. You are tired and have no place to go. You can run, but I'll catch you.

- I am not running.

- Oh. Do you want to fight with any of us?

Then all of sudden Zuko appeared and said "Yes, that's what I want".

- Zuko.

- I was wondering when will you show up Zuzu.

- Hahaha, Zuzu.

- I do not mind fighting any of them. I want to know how strong Zuko has become, but I also want to know if the Avatar is as strong as the legends say.

- Back off you two, the Avatar is mine.

- You choose the opponent you want sis.

Then after building some tension, Azula attacked Zuko, Goku went directly to the Avatar, who blew a wind to Goku and sent him to fly, but in the air, Goku blasted his "fire bending" to the Avatar who tried to leave with his glider. The blast passed close to the Avatar and was able to take him down, so Goku went for him. Usually, Goku is in the defensive position as his sister is the one that tries to overpower him with her attacks, but this time he was the one that initiated the attack. Meanwhile, the Avatar was able to dodge most of the punches and attacks he received, but that was because he was using his air bending to move faster to the sides, but the only punch Goku landed sent the Avatar flying into the walls of different buildings. Then when Goku was about to hit the Avatar to knock him down he felt the presence of another person attacking him, so he was able to dodge the attack of the water bender that attack him from behind.

- Do you mind? This is a one on one.

- We do mind.

Then a boomerang appeared but Goku was able to dodge it. Then Azula appeared and attacked the guy with the boomerang and also attack the water bender girl. At the same time, Goku who was distracted by the possible attacks on his sister was attacked by the Avatar from behind when he used the stick of his glider to create a strong air blow and send Goku flying with his air bending. Azula kept on the attack but suddenly another young earth bender appeared and move the floor where Azula was standing. Azula knowing she was outnumbered decided to retire, but then Zuko and Iroh appear, and all of them cornered Azula. Azula put her hands to the air and make a little signal with her finger, Goku was flying over all of them, observing everything, and saw the sign Azula was doing, so he was waiting for the best moment to appear. Suddenly Azula attacked Iroh, which make that everybody attacked Azula at the same time. That was the signal Goku was waiting to blast again his "Fire-bending", and create a big smoke, and he used that time to take his sister and left.

While in the sky Goku and Azula were flying back where Mai and Ty Lee should be.

- Why are we going back? They seem that they are not that strong.

- First, this was just to let you have your mind clear. I felt for a while your hesitation to fight Zuko. I know that you only came to fight uncle Iroh, but now you have clear evidence that Zuko was with the Avatar.

- Well, yeah.

- And second. The Avatar is capable of annihilating an entire fleet by himself, so we cannot take him so lightly. That is why this fight was just to understand a little more the way they fight.

- Oh, I see.

Once the twins were close to where Mai and Ty Lee were, they landed and continue their way on foot.