25 ◦❀◦ Honey and "Honey"

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

That night, after faking sleep and Fay left, she enjoyed the jar of honey she snuck a few days ago and finished the remaining content. When the jar was empty, only then Lizzie slept, with two more knights added in her door while the search of the missing Fenrir was still ongoing.

With the twin moons from her window as light and the feather-softness of her wide bed, Lizzie sank into a slumber of peace-

-only to be awakened by the tickles of something soft that almost blocked her breathing.

The first thing she saw was an outline of a small animal's nose, specifically a small wolf sleeping beside her, her long sprawled hair as its bed. The long bushy tail that surrounded half of its body almost covered Lizzie's face.

This black creature...

Then its eyes opened, blinked a few times before its big silver orbs fully stared back at Lizzie. Its irises contracted, dilated, and contracted like a telescope adjusting its vision.

Lizzie had never seen a Fenrir, but based on Shaw's description of the ferocious monster, the thing inches from her is one.

Though it was but a size of a house cat, it was the monster in question.

Black, furry, and wolf-like.

Lizzie opened her mouth, but her scream was blocked by someone's hand.

"Do you want me to die?" someone whispered behind her.

Only then she realized a second intruder and recognized his voice.

"I'll take my hands off, don't scream, okay?" Alec whispered.

Lizzie nodded, was more uncomfortable with his hands on his mouth for the moment.

"What are you-how?" she whispered as quiet yet as surprised as possible.

"Through the terrace." He said it so casually as if she could understand how a young boy could escape his room, and jump around, climb her terrace without getting caught. "Your window was opened wider than usual. I thought there was an intruder."

"How'd you know there's an intruder just by looking how my window was open-wait, wider than usual?"

She's aware that Fay would open the windows a little during humid nights but the angle didn't matter. "Were you always watching my room from the outside?"

He didn't answer and pulled her away from the bed, disturbing the Fenrir cub who was watching them with disinterest.

But Lizzie was more surprised when Alec closed the gap within them, his face a hair breath's away

She was never violent but she would have punched him. Almost.

He squinted in accuse after sniffing her. "You ate honey, didn't you?"

Caught with her crimes, Lizzie could not defend herself. The Fenrir upon a closer look was circling its body around the empty honey jar. She was too lazy to hide the empty container back and decided to do it earlier tomorrow. "J-Just a little bit. But that's beside the point. Why is that... that here?"

"Although fenrirs are carnivores, the cubs have a sensitive scent to sweets. At least that's what my old teacher told me. Well, it's not common fact since fenrirs are rarely caught."

Lizzie blinked, could not believe the vast knowledge of the young boy. Even the twin moons seemed to chase him too, capturing the strands of his raven hair that glimmered. And somehow, his face, a little too close, annoyed her.