THIRTY - EIGHT

Luna had finally moved her things back upstairs, but as she came out onto the landing she could hear Rick, Michonne and Carl talking downstairs

Luna had finally moved her things back upstairs, but as she came out onto the landing she could hear Rick, Michonne and Carl talking downstairs. Carefully she walked down, sitting down on the last step.

"We can't trust her." Rick argued. "Not after today."

"Are you kidding me, dad?" Carl huffed. "None of what happened is her fault! She thought he was dead until..."

"Rick, she's family." Michonne sighed. "We can't just kick her out."

"Well she can't stay here." Rick said. "I won't allow it. I won't allow her to be that close to Judith."

"Really?" Carl's anger was bubbling up by the second. "Are you kidding me? This is such bullshit! Just because Negan is an enemy, doesn't mean Luna is!" Luna sighed, standing up and walking into the living room. The floorboard creaked, causing the other three to fall silent and look over at her. "Luna..." Carl breathed.

"It's fine if you don't trust me anymore. I get it." Luna said. "Shit, I'd even get it if you hated me now, wanted me dead. I can live with that. But...I'm not him, Rick. I..." Luna trailed off, sighing as tears came to her eyes. "I tried to kill him, while I was there." The trio all shared looks. "I fuckin' tried, alright? But..." Luna huffed, wiping the tears that were falling. "I couldn't do it. No matter how much I wanted to, and I wanted to, I couldn't kill him then. But I wish I had. Spencer, Olivia, they didn't have to die. It's...it's my fault..."

"Luna..." Carl stepped forward, but she held up her hand stopping him.

"If you want me gone, Rick, I'll go." Luna said. "Just tell me where. I won't even leave the house, if that's what you want. You won't see me, no one will. But you need to know that I am with you, no matter what. Negan may be my father but...you guys are my family, this group is my family. And I will never stop fighting for my family." Silence hung in the air for a few moments.

"The brownstones." Rick finally spoke. "The one farthest from the house, it's yours." Luna nodded, looking at Michonne and Carl before turning around and heading upstairs to grab her stuff. As she reached the door, she heard footsteps following her, so she pushed into the bedroom and began grabbing her things.

"We can convince him to change his mind." Luna was surprised to hear Michonne's voice. She glanced over her shoulder, seeing Michonne standing in the doorway. "Just...just give us some time."

"It's okay, Michonne." Luna shook her head, zipping up her bag and turning around. "I...I think I wanna be alone, anyways. It's easier this way." Luna walked over to the door, but Michonne didn't move. Instead she placed a hand on Luna's shoulder.

"You don't have to go." Michonne said lightly.

"I do." Luna nodded. Michonne sighed, relenting.

"You will always be part of this family, Luna." Michonne said. "No matter what happens, no matter what Rick says." Luna nodded. Michonne let out a breath, putting a hand on the side of Luna's face and pressing a kiss to her forehead. "I will figure this out."