C005 | The Banishing [CLOSED]

October is here! For this month, we have prepared a contest for all of you. Have you ever wondered what life would be like if you woke up in another world?

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

1. It's a normal day for you. You're on your way to class to take an exam, but you get hit by a car on the way there. You discover your soul has been pulled from your body and your duty is to banish evil spirits from the land of the living. Will you fail or succeed?

OR

2. After a near-death experience, you discover you can see spirits! Some of them are good and wish to resolve their unfinished business. Others are desperate to find a body so they can return to the land of the living. What will you do?

The challenge is to write a short story with a maximum of 5000 words that is based on or inspired by one of our prompts.

Keep in mind that your story must be Asian Fantasy and must be categorized as Fantasy. You are welcome to incorporate romantic or horror subplots. If you have any questions about what Asian Fantasy is, check out our Profile Guide.

You can submit your entry through this form (also linked at the end of the chapter as an external link).

✦ The story must be a maximum of 5000 words long.

✦ Please submit using this form (also linked at the end of the chapter as an external link) in order to have your entry counted.

✦ The story must be in English.

✦ Although you may submit multiple entries, you may only win with one entry.

✦ OPTIONAL: Tag your story with #Banished and/or #AsianFantasy

✦ The story can be part of an existing anthology or a separate book on Wattpad, but the story must be newly written.

✦ Your story must follow Wattpad's Content Guidelines.

✦ You're more than welcome to share your entries via the comments! Please note that sharing your stories in the comments is not a valid submission for judging, so please use the form!