01 - Hangout

Present day,

New York, USA

[Aerin's POV ]

Beep beep

Beep bepp

Beep Beep

"Houghf" I yawned while reaching for my phone and was about to drift back to dreamland when a reminder popped up.

--------------------------------------------------

May 20
First get together
with the girls.
At 10:00 am sharp

--------------------------------------------------

"Oh right!" I gasped while reading the notification. Luckily it was still 9:30 in the morning. 30 minutes left... just enough time to prep up myself. I quickly got up, fixed my bed, went straight to the shower and got dressed without a minute to spare.

+×+

I was walking downstairs and was about to head out when someone spoke...

"I see you're heading out aye?" Asked Father-who was sitting on the couch, drinking his morning tea.

"Um yeah... I'm gon' hangout with the girls." I answered, referring to the hang out with my friends.

"Oh, wouldn't you want to fill your stomach first before going miss?" Asked one of our maids-who came from the kitchen holding a tray with pancakes and orangeade in it, which seemed to be for me.

"No need, we'll be meeting at a café, but thanks anyways."

"Do come home right away after your hang out dear, for we have an important matter to discuss." Said Mother who came and sat across dad.

"You know you could spill it right now..." I responded.

"We would want to but It'll take time and it's rude to make your friends wait." Father reasoned.

"Off I go then! Bye, I'll see you guys later! I said while heading to the door, which one of our maids had already opened for me.

" Bye! Have fun!" They both replied in sync.

I got out off the house and walked straight to the garage to fetch my car. I was already on the main road when I decided to grab my phone and check the place where I'm supposed to meet with my friends. Just then I realised that it's quite far and would take almost half an hour to get there. Great, I'm gonna be late-Huh, guess I'm not that lucky.

+×+

After 30 minutes of driving, I finally got to the meeting place- at Cafe delicaire.

After parking, I intered the place and searched for them-my friends, which was not that hard since there were only a few people there-two teenagers chatting at the corner window, an elderly couple who seems to be having their breakfast, some dude who's in grossed while typing on his computer and them. I headed straight for their table when one comrade decided to ruin the peaceful vibe in the cafe.

"Aerin! What took you so long?!" Nina shouted making the other patrons glance at our table.

"Yah! Nina keep it down will you?! You do realise that we aren't the only ones here." Mina whisper-yelled while scolding Nina who just glared at her.