Chapter Four

∘˚˳°✧ғᴏᴜʀ||

“Y/n”

She coldly stood up, understanding Gabriel's tone. Ignoring Adrien's look that clearly said 'don't go', she still followed the Agreste in his office.
The man, coldly seated unflinching at the similar gaze she showed to him before clasping his fingers together and look at her like he can see the depths of her soul.

"I heard, you didn't go home with Adrien yesterday"

"Yes"

Y/n said immediately unafraid at whatever comes her way.
Y/n notices how Gabriel's eyes become more dangerous before his voice echoed in the room.

"I already told y—"

"And neither of your orders are left unanswered, Mr. Agreste. Before i get married to Adrien, i have my own life. And i still watch over him when no one is around, rest assured"

She throw the same ferocity before she bowed and turn around, closing the door with a loud banging sound.

Y/n gasp when she saw Adrien standing there but then immediately hide it when she saw the concern in his eyes.
Pathetic

"What did Father told you, Y/n?"

Pursing her lips, she opened her mouth and answered him, out of curtsy as her master.

"Something that doesn't concern you, Young Master"

"Adrien" Adrien tried his luck but was ignored

"Now, i must excuse myself. Goodnight, Young Master"

Y/n pass through Adrien ignoring him all the same as she does everyday.

"Why are you being like this?" She didn't stop but she heard his questions as clear as the water. Glancing through her shoulders she gave him the answer he had waited years ago

"Because i hate you"

Adrien felt his eyes stung, the unshed tears forming as he watch her. She hates me those words repeating in his head and stabbing him on his chest. Every day, she slap to him the clear dislike she had for him, but hearing the words coming from her mouth was painful.

He wanted to cry badly, he wanted to beg her out of desperation just to look at him.

"I hate you and your father"

And there she goes... Walking away from him without looking at him once again.

"You're going to join me to the annual ball in Las Vegas" Y/n almost spitted the water she was drinking when she heard those words coming from Gabriel—fucking— Agreste. The guy turn his head to her and raise his eyebrows clearly saying 'are you complaining?'. With a huff, Y/n compose herself then continue eating.

"But Father, is it alright for Y/n to go with us?"

Her brows furrowed. What's this guy up to?

"Why? You don't have a date, and it's clearly necessary, unless of course if you have someone with you"

He's helping her? No...that couldn't be right. She already told him her feelings, she tried her best for him to dislike her.
Maybe Adrien just really wanted to get rid of her...

Ahh, this is pathetic

"I'm going" she pick the olive and roll it with her fork before meeting Adrien's shock eyes.
She doesn't want to give him the pleasure of being happy, because once they get married, she'll lose her happiness...

As if that'll happen

"Great. The flight will be tomorrow at 10 in the evening"

After dinner, Y/n was walking to the stairs. She heard the footsteps behind her but ignored it knowing who it was.
Eventually she reach her room without talking to Adrien before she fix her clothes in an oversize backpack since suitcase is a hassle.

Before going to bed, Y/n took her phone and sent a message to Luka

You
Going to Las Vegas tomorrow night.
See you tomorrow, goodnight
and i love you.

Y/n turn the screen off before seating on the edge looking at her hands.

Tomorrow... I'll be alone with them

She clench her palm before she breath out and look outside of her one way ceiling to floor mirror.

She still remember the day when her parents sold her off and run away. In all honesty, her predicament was her parent's fault but she just abhor Gabriel Agreste for treating her like a thing.

A fucking useless thing that needed to be controlled

And with Gabriel's desire to let her marry his son, her hatred was also received by Adrien.

Y/n doesn't know if she really like what she was doing or it's just a way to spite Gabriel. Or maybe, she's just tired of her life, of the constant manipulation and doesn't know who to hate anymore.

"Life sucks"

She mumbled and collapse on her bed before staring at the white ceiling. She slowly reach for the remote and turn off the lights.

She was greeted by the light of the universe. The glowing stars in the ceiling and how they look like they're moving.

"But despite it being a big downer. There are still beautiful things that could make life better"

She mumbled... and let herself fall asleep.

At least tried...

Y/n groaned and seated, her mind wondering whether she just hallucinated when she heard someone falling.
Taking a few breaths, she stood up and pull a random thing in her room and opened one of the panel.

"Uhh hello"

Her eyes dilated when she heard a voice then a meowing sound—as if trying to pretend they were not there.
She almost rolled her eyes at the idiocy.

"Show yourself" she threatened and raise her arm until she notice what she was holding

Why am i holding a bra?

"Woah there, Sweety. You don't need to rush" a purr like sound came from the darkness and Y/n curse throwing her brassiere on the bed and look outside.

"Who're you?"

"Hey! I'm not a whore" the voice whined and she feel like throwing some knife on that direction

"Ok, ok. You don't need to glare like you're about to kill me, and you're looking at the wrong direction.... Yes, a little right—ok there"

She click her tongue, her face red due to embarrassment

"Ohh... Shy now, are we? Well Sweety, sorry to interrupt your beauty sleep... But you should go back to bed, since I'm leaving"
She saw a silhouette moving and then was in the air with his voice lingering

"And the name's Cat Noir!"

•°•.✧ᴇɴᴅ||