Final

This might disappoint a few, but this was planned to be a one chapter until I tried to plot things out.

That said, I want to thank everyone for the support as always. Particularly recent because Summer 2021 has just been work 5-6 days a week and collecting 50+ hour weeks on top of everything else on the side.

You guys rock and this is the first chapter on my new phone. Galaxy S21 if you want to know.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

The night came as Kuchi found himself in bed after a long day. His homework done, tests tomorrow that he felt confident with, and pretty soon he would be practicing with the baseball team again. Though there was intense decisions clouding his mind. His throwing program, grades, and the girls he recently just met. Two of them stick out among the others.

Nagatoro. She is short, petite figured, and has this aggressive nature. Her long black hair and tan skin make her pretty as well. The only turnoff is when she goes overboard. Her teasing has an overwhelming effect.

Then there is Sakura. Another tanned girl with bleached blonde hair. The flirt of the group. She is caring, but her actions will get her into huge trouble. Especially with what just happened recently. Not a good look with the stalker that didn't know when to quit. Yet, how lead to that? She totally dragged him on and thought he would just forget about her. That's not how it works.

Nagatoro is pretty and I think when she's by herself she can open up more. Not saying Sakura isn't, but I feel like there is mystery there and I don't want to find out. Just my two cents. But after all these tests and before I report back to practice, I want to ask Nagatoro out. But how do I do it?

This was going to drive him crazy. How was he supposed to sleep when he is thinking about how to ask a girl out? He began by picturing the moment. Closing his eyes and just picturing her.

Kuchi gazed at Nagatoro in the library by one of the bookshelves. She had a book in her hands and looking over at him with a wide smile. "Senpai."

This image in his head was wholesome. Also had him drift off. That picture and thought wasn't about how, why, or acceptance or rejection. It was just the moment. A moment he soon hoped that he had.

~~~~~

The main key to any problem, is a solution. Yet, how does he do it? Can he catch her alone? Possibly share a moment together? Possibly even just talk one on one? Share something besides a blush. Any moment he would take presently.

Kuchi ended up eating breakfast on the way to school. He was bright and early and in the courtyard eating breakfast. He cracked open a can of juice and then began to think about his plan. A plan that had nothing set in stone. All of it was simply brainstorming and overthinking.

I'd rather be focused on pitching a big game. That would be less stressful. This isn't about power or adrenaline. But, my mind. What's wrong with me? He took a sip of juice and sighed. What a world.

"Senpai!" Nagatoro smacked him on the back of the shoulder.

"Jesus!" He almost spilled the can. "Morning!?" Kuchi looked at her embarrassed.

"You need help? Senpai? You're here early. Any reason why?" She teased.

"Out of bed early and going into things quickly. Just what it is." Why do I think there is something going on?

Nagatoro giggled as she sat next to Kuchi. "So, Senpai. Everything okay? Homework done? You study?"

"Yes and yes." He replied nervously.

"Flustered? Sen-pai." She just smiled with a large grin.

"Kinda!" He gasped. Now he was getting it. Come on man! Act. Get it together.

"Oh?" Nagatoro sat next to him. "What is it exactly?"

"I don't know. It's early and I didn't plan this far. Just saying."

"Maybe we adjust accordingly?" She giggled.

"What do you have in mind?" He asked.

"You have tea? Perhaps a second breakfast? Library to study a little before tests? Or maybe, see the pervy work in the art club you horndog."

"Well... I'm not pervy. And I thought the art club didn't have many members." He replied.

"President and many other members do their work in outside atmospheres. Only one goes in there for peace and quiet. That's it." Nagatoro shrugged her shoulders. "My friends pick on him. Anyways, let's go away from here. Somewhere inside because its a colder morning."

This was it. He had to snap out of it. He called her out on it two days ago. Now he can't give it a 180 degree turn and start pedaling backwards. Kuchi had to say what was on his mind. Finally a chance to get her alone and he is blowing it. He doesn't have much time as her friends are on the way. The boy needs to unload his thoughts and feelings now. Otherwise it will just get tougher as time goes on. There isn't much for him left to do. Don't think, don't have it go slow, just do what feels right.

"Nagatoro? I need to ask you something?" He cleared his throat?

"Senpai?" Pondered Nagatoro.

"Can we spend some alone time together? Just me and you?" He proposed.

"What do you mean?" Nagatoro just stared at him. "Like what?" She was caught off guard, and trying to make sure they were on the same page. 

"Me and you do lunch or something. Before I head back to baseball. How about it? Snow cones, burger spot, whatever." He smiled.

"Kuchi..." Nagatoro blushed.

"Nagatoro, can we, see how it goes? Just, me and you after school?"

"S-sure."

~~~~~

Awkward but objective complete. As they say, whatever does the job. The job wasn't to make it pretty. The goal he had was to tell her how he feels. Kuchi did that. And as far as succeeding, there is a little something wholesome. Which isn't Nagatoro's cup of tea.

Nagatoro was sitting across from him with an ice cream cone. The two of them smiling and enjoying. After a long day of tests nothing beats a little treat to celebrate completed hard work. Especially with someone official or unofficial is still across from him/her.

"So, Sen-pai. How you feeling?" She asked.

Kuchi winked at her. "Sweet."

"Pervy."

"Tsundere."

She gasped. "I am not."

"Be my girlfriend and you're not."

"Fine. Now I'm not a Tsundere." She called.

The two of them smiled and laughed. The energy was less tense. Both vibes being good and it was better this way. No embarrassing intentions, bad jokes, or changing their personality to get one over one another. This was the life.

"That's good friend. Otherwise you'll see Karma."

"Karma Nagatoro?" She Pondered.

"You're damn right."

~~~~~

This I found hard to write. I think it was because Nagatoro is so thick and rough around the edges. She probably can be sweet, but she doesn't express it. She shows it, but doesn't express that regard.

With this wrapped up, onto the next.

-Rel