Chapter 23: Welcome to Leveryl

(Y/N)'s POV
I woke up the next morning only to see Kanato staring right at me, deep into my eyes. I screamed and woke Ray and Xander up. "W-what happened?" Ray questioned. Xander yawned and looked around.

"W-why are you staring at me like that, Kanato?" I asked. "Well...I juat wanted to admire your beauty..." Kanato said with a smile.

I blushed a little at his silly comment. "S-stop...you're weirding me out..." I said while looking away shyly.  "Aww...don't be shy, (Y/N)" Kanato said and hugged me.

Xander rolled his eyes while Ray sighed deeply. "Cmon, let's get some breakfast before reaching Leveryl" Ray suggested and I nodded.

We walked out of the cave and birds were chirping while the sun was shining happily. "Hey! That fruit looks like an apple!" I exclaimed and ran to an apple tree.

I looked up but give up on eating since the tree was really tall. "Don't worry...I can climb trees" Xander said and climbed up.

Xander climbed to the top of the tree swiftly and plucked a few apples. He threw them down and one hit Kanato's head.

"Ow! Hey, watch where you throw" Kanato complained while rubbing his head. Xander just chuckled and climbed back down. "Oops...sorry" Xander said with a mocking tone.

"Apologize properly!" Kanato pouted. "Nope!" Xander said and munched into his apple. I laughed a little at their childishness while Ray chuckled a little.

I bit into my apple and the sweetness was really satisfying. "Hey! This doesn't taste too bad!" I said and continued eating.

"Hmm....I'm quite full" Ray said adter eating one apple. "Yeah...me too" Xander and Kanato said. "How come I'm still hungry?" I asked and pouted. "Haha...you can continue eating, (Y/N). We'll wait for you" Ray said with a tiny smile.

I ate my apple faster to avoid wasting time. After my stomach is satisfied, I burped a little and blushed brightly. "Hehe! You really are adorable you know" Kanato said and I blushed even more if that's even possible.

"Alright! Now, we have to pass through Leveryl, Serena, and Japphine before finally reaching Wavyrie" Xander said.

"And we must give this letter to the king or queen of the kingdom so we can stay there for a few days before departing to another kingdom" Ray added.

"Well, let's go!" I said and began walking with them. While walking, I asked "hey, what creatures rule Leveryl?"

"I'm not sure" Ray said. "Yeah...me neither" Xander said. "I don't know...we'll just have to find out when we get there" Kanato said.

While we are halfway on our walk, a tiny old man appeared. "Please help me..." The old man said weakly. I immediately rushed to him to help.

The old man was really weak and had pointy ears. He was stuck under a big rock and couldn't get out. "Wait! How do you know if he's not evil?" Ray said.

"Yeah...why are you stuck under a rock?" I asked. "Well, on my way back to my village in Alastaire, I was walking alone. I saw a shiny object under this rock and I tried to grab it but instead, I got stuck under it and realized the shiny object was nothing but a little fairy" the old man said.

"Oh...what are you?" Xander asked. "I'm an elven creature and you must be the heroes who are gonna save Alastaire. Please help me..." The old elf said. "Sure..."I said and tried to lift the rock but it was too heavy.

"Ray came over and helped me. It was really a miracle because he managed to lift the rock with one hand. "How are you so strong?" I asked jealously.