Chapter 44

Reminiscing their earlier heated session made her blush. It was something totally unexpected. She was there to give him soaps but it led to intimacy.

"Does this mean we're now official?" She is currently laying down on her bed. Xu Ling Ai giggle with her legs kicking the air.

"Princess Consort are you that happy after meeting His Highness?" Gu Mama tease her. She could sense that something happen between both of them.

"What are you talking about? Of course not! I'm just happy that I successfully made the soap." Xu Ling Ai respond a bit flabbergasted.

"Also what are you doing here Gu Mama? Didn't you say you have work to do?" She added trying to divert Gu Mama's attention.

"Aiya! This old woman forgot to tell you! Someone has come to visit you." Gu Mama hit her own forehead. She had totally forgot about the guest presence.

"Who?" Xu Ling Ai titled her head trying to remember if there is anyone she had make a meeting with.

"It's mister Chanyu. That young man we met in the market!" Gu Mama surprise her.

"Chanyu? Oh really! My one and only friend?" His attractive face instantly popped up in her mind.

"Gu Mama you invite him inside first. I will change my clothes." Xu Ling Ai pushed Gu Mama out of her chamber. She then rushed to change her clothes.

Main Hall

"Wow. You're getting to look more like a local now!" Xu Ling Ai exclaimed while approaching him. Even from afar, she could see his appearance has changed.

"I will take that as a compliment." Chanyu smirked at Xu Ling Ai.

"Where did you get money? Did you do some illegal work?" Xu Ling Ai whispered at him while looking around.

Chanyu was totally caught of guard that he laughed wholeheartedly. She is so funny that he is totally amused by her.

"No. I just opened a restaurant in the capital. And it somehow succeeded." He stop laughing when he sees that she is glaring at him.

"Really?! Then you should treat me a meal since you've work now." Xu Ling Ai excitedly talking to Chanyu.

"Anytime." Chanyu smile at her excitement.

He keep wanting to see her and spend time with her. He loved every moment when they are together. But for his tribe he needed to pull himself together.

He decided to overcome his own feelings and sacrifice it for his tribe. Chanyu planned to kidnapped her and bring Han country down.

Chanyu had promised himself that he would never hurt her but he needed to do what is supposed to be done in the first place.

He has been waiting for her to come out of the manor. But she still hasn't until one week. So Chanyu decided to visit Duke Su manor even though it might risk his identity.

"Oh wait! I've something to show you. Come follow me!" Xu Ling Ai drag him by his sleeves.

Her excitement about her new creation still hasn't went away. If it is possible, she want to brag about it to whole world. She always thought that she is very stupid and only know how to fangirling.

On the other hand, Chanyu look at their hand. He felt like his world stop moving. Her bright face is the only thing that stuck in his mind.

The way she turn around to check if he is okay. Before it could get any worse, Chanyu snapped out of his thoughts.

'I'm here to take revenge for my family.' He try to put some sense into his head.

"Look! I made some soap on my own. Since you're here, I will gift you some." Xu Ling Ai explain but when she saw him daydreaming. She slapped his arms.