CHAPTER 8

The following day starts off as usual until after lunch. I don't know what they put in the burger I ate, but I'm sure I have food poisoning. I've been to the bathroom three times today in one hour. I don't know how there's anything left in my stomach.

I go to Mr. Crawford's office to drop off some papers he asked me to type. He's not in his office, so I enter without knocking. He went out for a meeting with Vivienne. I place the documents on his desk, and as I'm about to take a step, I halt in my tracks. No, stomach, you can't do this to me. I need to use the bathroom but I'm scared if I take a step the food in my stomach will take a step closer to leaving my body. Taking a deep breath, I try to move, but stop when I feel my body ready to betray me. If I can barely take a step, how am I going to make it to the restroom? I see Mr. Crawford's bathroom only five feet away. I debate if I should use it. My stomach doesn't give me enough time to think about the pros and cons of such a risk. Instead, my legs take action and quickly take me to the bathroom.

After I finish using the bathroom, I wash my hands and move to leave and immediately regret using Mr. Crawford's bathroom. I hear sounds coming from inside the office. I'm so disgusted I feel like I'm going to puke again, and not from food poisoning.

"Oh, Jason! Yes, Jason!" Vivienne moans and I hear the table shaking.

"Yeah, call my name, baby," Mr. Crawford says huskily, and I hear the sound of skin smacking skin.

Did he slap her ass? I wonder how. I heard the table shaking. Did he flip her over? Why do I care? I can hear books falling. Where they are doing it? Eww, I don't want to know. I'll never touch anything in his office again. And even if I do, I'll wash my hands twice afterward.

I'm disgusted I have to listen to them have sex. It's disheartening that Vivienne is that kind of woman after what I witnessed yesterday. Yet she still throws herself at him. Doesn't she have any self-respect? I try to block out the sounds they're making, but it's hard. By the time they're done, I had already puked twenty times in my head.

They leave and I finally get out of his office. I was so happy Mr. Crawford had a meeting in the boardroom so I wouldn't have to face him when I left his office. I was worried I will have to spend the whole day in his bathroom office.

While sitting on my desk, I try to remove the images of Vivienne and Mr. Crawford having sex from my mind. Even though I saw nothing, I heard enough to know what they were doing. I can't believe a beautiful woman like Vivienne would allow a man like Mr. Crawford to treat her like one of his hoes.

Suddenly, I recall where I saw Tracy from and the bracelet.

"I don't like this one. It makes me look like a slut," I tell Vivienne for the thousandth time today.

We arrived at the mall a few hours ago. Vivienne's the most complex human being to shop with. Any dress I like is ugly to her, and every dress she picks out was too slutty for me.

"It won't kill you to show some skin," she says, examining the dress on me.

"I think we should leave showing skin to you. It's not my style," I say, walking back to the changing room to try on another dress.

"Are you calling me a slut?" she asks, following close behind me. She sounds angry.

"No, I didn't. And please, can we go and eat after I try this one on?" I ask, taking off the dress to put on another one.

"No, we can't. We don't have time to waste. Don't bother wearing that one. It looks ugly," she says while I'm trying to zip up the new dress.

"Okay," I say, taking off the dress and putting my jeans and T-shirt back on. "Please, can we eat before we hit the next store? I'm hungry, and I need food. I need energy to be keep shopping," I tell her as we walk out of the changing room.