Chapter 16

Sprawled on the bed, ass up and face down on the pillow, Billie took pleasure from the view, wallowing in the soft snores and adorable faces (y/n) made in her slumber. The woman hated how early she had to be on a meeting with the producers of her show to talk about extending another five episode for the season. Her show was a hit, people loved being scared. Sighing, she dipped down on the bed carefully placed her hand over (y/n)'s face to clear out the hair, seeing how peaceful the young woman had slept, she wished she could stay in with her. She just had her back, Billie missed her but knowing she was in her place brought her great comfort.

Billie wore a white button down, this time it wasn't silk. For the bottom she wore trousers -not skirt- in pitch black and threw some blazer over the top of her button down, and some red pointed heels. Kissing (y/n) goodbye on the back of her head, she carefully strode off the room and quietly closed the door.

Billie had known what love could do to a person and she was not afraid of it. In fact, Billie had missed what loving could do to her, she missed what it felt like, to be up in the late night thinking of her person. She missed the blush the crawled up to her cheeks by the mention of their name. The uncontrollable grins whenever she was around her. The feeling of somebody holding her hand tightly as if somebody would take her away. She missed being valued, being protected and spoiled with loved.

Over the past years she was restrained in a loveless marriage, it took away a big chunk of who she was. Billie had always wanted a kid, oh boy, she was excited on the idea of motherhood but not with William, never with him. Billie married him because of the pressure from both of their families, especially her daddy.

Billie's bond with her father was something unquestionable, he was also lawyer just like William, and her daddy loved William so much because he could see how great he and his daughter were together. Little did he know, his daughter had always been into girls.

In middle school, she kissed this girl- Audrey and she liked the sparks she felt and she thought it was strange so during the junior high prom she kissed the boy who offered her to dance but she felt nothing. She wanted to tell her daddy about it, they had always been so close there was no existing secret but not until her daddy got so disappointed with her older sister Rebecca who came out as a lesbian. He was furious about it and told her that if she would not fix herself, she would force her to join in the army. Poor Billie, she got so scared so she buried the thought and continued on.

During college she met William, she thought at first that there was sparks but she realized it was because their group of friends teased them so much that made Billie think she had feelings for him. On day to day basis she would try and kiss him for as long as ten seconds, trying to feel the spark but nothing. There was nothing.

After graduating, Billie was determined to break it off but her daddy fell ill, it was so sudden nobody had seen it coming. Jacque was diagnosed with Alzheimer and heart failure. For over a year he was under medication but it had progressed to fast that he was barely sober to remember who was Billie, then late night he asked when he would be walking her down the aisle before his illness could strip off whatever was left of him, and as a father it hurt for him to not remember who his daughter was. Billie knew it meant wedding. Two weeks later, she and William got married.

Jacque Deanel Howard passed away due to heart failure five days after the wedding, leaving his poor daughter alone with a man she never loved from the start.

It was after lunch when the meeting had finished, it was Cindy's second day at work so as much as Billie could she was being easy on her unlike yesterday, she realized it was so unnecessary to be acting like a bitch. "What do I have this afternoon?" they walked over the parking lot where Gery was waiting for the both of them, "Oh, you have an appointment with Dr Perez, your OB-GYN at three o'clock." Seeing Billie's expression froze, Cindy re-read the woman's schedule "Um... do you want me to move it?" still not getting an answer, Cindy got quite for a minute.