Chapter 19- Lake Trip With The Bad Boy Pt.1

(Chapter 19-Lake Trip With The Bad Boy Pt.1)

 Today was the day. The day I had been looking forward to all week. The cabin trip was going to be awesome. I hope. It was safe to say that no one knew of mine or Brody’s plans yet so that just made it all the more exciting. During the course of a week Brody and I had went over everything we planned to do. Most of it was just harmless fun but the rest of it was what Blake had coming for some time now. I still couldn’t wait to see the look on mom and dad’s faces when they saw Brody was just next door. This will be fun.

“Make sure you have everything because we’re not coming back until Sunday.” Mom says examining our luggage.

Dad puts the last of the stuff in the car and closes the trunk. Surprisingly everything fits inside quite easily. With five people going I thought it would have been cramped but actually it wasn’t.

Now I suppose you wonder who the extra person riding with us was, well take a guess. It really isn’t that hard.

Ok I’ll help you out, it was Callum. And I’ve still not been able to look at him without feeling completely embarrassed so this car ride is sure to be fun.

“Ladies first.” He smiles politely opening the door for me and Heather.

 I hope no one expects us to become friends and suddenly bond over this family trip like they do in those cheesy movies. Nope not going to happen. I still don’t approve of what they are doing.

I sigh and slide into the car first followed by my sister then Callum behind us. This would be much less awkward if they would have just ridden separately but I couldn’t be that lucky could I? I would have driven myself if mom and dad would have let me but that was never an option. However they had no problem at all letting me ride with Blake when his parents suggested it though I was quick to turn them down, much to my parent’s disappointment.

I was relived they didn’t press the matter any further. If they were really set on me riding with him I would be sitting shot gun right now instead of in their car so I was happy about that. Thank goodness I wasn’t. Although I hardly think it’s fair that he gets to drive when I’m stuck with the Brady Bunch the entire ride. Oh how I miss my car and not pretending think we are perfect family.

Mom looks behind the seat at us and smiles. I know it’s only because she thinks everything is going her way but I can’t wait to see the surprise on her face when she sees it not going to happen.

Hmm… I think some of my hostilities towards my parents are starting to come out.

“Thanks for inviting me along Mr. and Mrs. Bryant. I always feel I don’t get out of doors nearly enough.” Callum smiles wrapping his arm around Heathers shoulders.

“Well we’re glad to have you along son.” Dad smiles looking back in the mirror at him.

Son? What have they adopted him now?

“Callum, you’re going to be family soon so we were only happy to invite you.” Mom states.

All of a sudden it felt like the wind had been knocked out of me by mom’s words. Did she just say what I think she did? She couldn’t have.

“I-I’m sorry, what?” I ask.

Heather doesn’t give anyone time to reply when she turns to me and smiles. “Callum and I are getting married next month. I was going to tell you last weekend but….”She trailed off.

That’s when we got into the argument about the party. I’m glad she chose not to finish that sentence. As far as I knew mom and dad still didn’t know yet.