Chapter 4 - 50 Yard Line

Jennie had an uneventful weekend

Jennie had an uneventful weekend. With football season over, she had a lot of her weekends free. After spending most of her Saturday morning surrounded by animals in the blazing heat, she decided to make the rest of her weekend full of indoor activities. She briefly considered going back to the adoption fair to volunteer again. But she didn't. She was also glad she had not gone camping with Irene and was actually glad to spend the weekend away from her.

Jennie tried not to think of what it meant that she'd rather spend the weekend alone than with her girlfriend.

It was now Monday morning and she wasn't even sure if Irene would be back today. She headed to The Bean to get her morning coffee. As expected, Sehun was there.

"Hey, vagina lips," Jennie said sitting down across from him, "How was your weekend?"

"You have vagina lips too you know," Sehun said.

Jennie laughed.

"How was the pet fair?" Sehun asked.

"OK," Jennie said, her brain immediately reminding her of Rosé. She did wonder if the whole thing had been a success, "I did my shift and got the hell out of here."

"I was going to stop by," Sehun said, "But it was just too damn hot."

Jennie had met Sehun her freshman year. He had tried to hit on her at a party and once Jennie had set him straight, so to speak, he had been pretty embarrassed but cool about the whole thing. They had a few classes together and Jennie found that she didn't totally hate him. Four years later and he was one of her closest friends along with Baekhyun and Jisoo.

"You made the right choice," Jennie said, "Anyway, how's your helping people project coming along."

Sehun had spent most of his college career unsure of what to do with his life but sometime during his junior year, he decided to pursue a degree in psychology.

"Good," Sehun said, "I'm really excited about it and I think it'll help some of the kids in the neighborhood."

"Awesome," Jennie said.

The sound of a bell indicated that someone had entered The Bean. On reflex Jennie looked up and saw that Rosé had entered. For almost four years she had not seen this girl on campus and all of a sudden, she has seen her four times in the last few days.

Rosé entered The Bean and made a beeline for the counter. She rarely came here in the mornings but all these projects she had due were seriously cutting down on her sleep time that she started drinking coffee to stay awake. She yawned as she stepped up to the cashier.

Jennie saw Rosé yawn and was starting to wonder if this girl ever slept.

"Oh there's the hot director," Sehun said, "I wonder if she's single."

"She has a boyfriend," Jennie said quickly. The last thing she wanted was for Sehun to hit on Rosé.

"Figures," Sehun said disappointed.