𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐬 𝐛𝐲 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫

"Is that who I think it is, or are my eyes deceiving me?" Hashimo says with his mouth agape, staring at a certain lettuce-haired friend of his.

"Dang, either gravity finally decided to have an effect on his hair or it took a lot of hair gel to keep it that way." Kouji sighs out.

You raised an eyebrow at their reactions. Surely Senku's appearance didn't change that much. After taking everything you needed from your locker, you closed it along with the book you were reading.

Just then, you could hear footsteps going towards you. As if on instinct, your signature smirk was plastered on your face. You really needed to stop that habit. It was annoying to both yourself and the people who have to witness it. The upward curve of your lips, however, slowly formed into an 'o' as your eyes met with Senku's.

The young scientist looked quite uncomfortable and kept rubbing the back of his neck and scalp. Some redness was also present on his cheeks. He ran his hand across his hair that now reached just above his eyes and scrunched up his nose. "So?" He said, as if asking for your opinion on how he looked.

You were almost at a loss for words. Senku, in your eyes, was already handsome. The broccoli did not need a haircut if he wanted to make you feel things. But he did. And now the broccoli looks adorable. And hot. Extremely. Hot.

Boiling, to be precise.

"So all it took was a haircut for prez to simp." Kouji grins and grabs a hold of your shoulders. "Don't be stupid, he was already simping before that." Hashimo adds. You wriggle out of his grip and scoff.

"What's with the wacky makeover, Ishigami?" You blurt out by mistake. Senku's shoulders notably drooped before returning back to his natural posture. Taiju chimed in just in time, "He was doing something with chemicals. Something failed, I think, and majority of his hair got burned."

"So we had to cut it." Yuzuriha continued, using her hand to do a scissor motion.

"I see." You whisper. Your (e/c) eyes never left Senku as the two explained his situation.

The crimson eyed teen stared back, eyebrows raised and not saying a word. And as if on cue, the bell rings. Multiple students pass by, looking to reach their class on time.

You raise your head and made eye contact with Senku, lips curling up once again, "You look good."

You took your time getting to your first class, not noticing Hashimo and Kouji giving Senku a thumbs up. "I told you it would work." Kouji chuckles.

Senku shushed them and with a roll of his eyes and waved goodbye as he headed to his own class.

The young scientist was glad he was able to catch your attention, even just for a bit.

Once you knew that Senku was out of earshot, you heaved out a sigh of relief, "A leek has no business being that hot." You mutter under your breath. (E/c) eyes widen as you caught yourself. The young Nanami had no time thinking of such things.

Exams are up. He needed to focus.

Nonetheless, the (e/c) eyed teen could do nothing but hope for the best. After the sleepover they had, he wasn't exactly able to focus on studying. The little moment you had with Senku kept replaying in your mind despite trying to bury yourself in your books.

You made it to the classroom. Students were piling up, some were nervous. Exams were a cinch for you, but not this time. To put it simply, your mind was an utter mess. Now that you think about it, the built up stress might have something to do with that. You really shouldn't have agreed to do so much work. And you should have said no to the sleepover. Then again, you wouldn't have been able to share that small moment on the balcony with Senku.