50

The days are the same, wake up, new guard, breakfast, lie around for hours, new guard, lunch, lie around for hours, new guard, dinner, sleep. The food's shit, and none of the guards other than Punz will talk to me. I don't know any of them, and their faces are unrecognisable behind gleaming armour and stoic expressions. 

The only thing that keeps me from losing my fucking mind in here is the fact that I know Tommy and Wilbur are alive. It's enough hope, enough of something finally good, that I can hold onto it long enough to ensure I don't try and kill a guard and get the hell out of here. 

Thankfully, the guards gave up on the whole never leaving me alone thing after two days, and I finally get the privilege of being able to shower and use the bathroom without some man's back facing me.

I shimmy down my green tracksuit pants as I sit down on the toilet. I look down at my sock clad feet when I notice a smear of red on my underwear. 

Fuck. 

"Punz!" I yell clenching my fists. "Punz can you come here please!"

I can hear him approach with heavy metal footsteps, and turn the door handle. 

"Close your eyes!" I quickly panic, and he blindly swings the door open with his eyes squeezed shut. 

"You okay?"

 "I need tampons."

"Seriously?"

"Yes seriously you fucking idiot, why else would I be asking?" I snap. 

"I'll see what I can do."

"If you don't get them I swear to god I'll bleed all over you."

"Jesus okay! You don't need to be so gross about it." 

I'm in and out of the shower by the time he finally returns, throwing the packet in the room and quickly shutting the door. Once I'm redressed I emerge, feeling much better apart from the feeling of a screwdriver currently being wrenched in my womb. 

"Why are men so terrible at holding people hostage?" I say, crossing my legs as I settle on the bed nearest to the door, looking up at Punz, who returns my gaze quizzically. 

"Are we?"

"Yeah you are."

"You have experience in that matter?"

"Third time's the charm they say." 

"Why is it that every time I talk to you, it's something even more fucked up? Why can't you be normal?" 

"Ask your buddies."

"We're not friends, we're business partners." He corrects me. "And you keep saying that, but you don't explain anything." 

"Should've gotten involved in the war then."

"Okay you know what? I'm not having this argument with you again."

"Yeah because you lose."

He rolls his eyes, glancing down at the watch on his wrist. Schlatt decided to remove my clock, probably because I smashed it and tried to stab him with the broken glass. 

I was a little pissed off okay? You know how Schlatt is.

"I'm on guard shift all day today." He informs me. 

"They gave up that quickly?"

"There's an announcement today, Schlatt needs all the presidential guards to man that." 

"What's he announcing?" I ask curiously. Knowing our past luck, something undoubtably awful. 

Punz shrugs. "No idea."