Chapter 21

They have already entered the ballroom. Of course, Charlotte's first move was to go to the food section but she got blocked by three women.

"Charlotte Alpheus was it? How about you join us?"

"No. Now if you'll excuse me."

Charlotte goes around them and the leader of the group threw a glass of champagne at her back.

"Oops!"

"..."

Charlotte uses her mana secretly, and lifts 5 champagne glasses on a tray and pours the liquid on the woman.

"Ah, you're so clumsy." She smirkingly says.

"You..!"

The woman stormed off to dry herself while her two friends followed her.

Charlotte dries herself with heat from her mana and goes to enjoy some desserts.

Trumpets play and red carpet has been laid out,

"We welcome the imperial family of Wynknight. His majesty the king of Wynknight, her majesty the queen of Wynknight, the prince of Wynknight and the princess of Wynknight."

Everyone stands up and bows down to them as they get to their thrones.

The king announces, "Greetings to all, I hope you have a lovely night here. The banquet shall commence."

They applaud and music start playing, Ain goes up to Charlotte.

"May I have this dance?"

"Gladly."

They danced graciously on the ballroom floor, the first song was finally over. After, Huston also requested a dance from Charlotte. Of course she agreed and then the second song went by. She got to her seat and sat peacefully.

My legs hurt from all that dancing.

The prince of Wynknight, Louis approaches Charlotte. "Shall we?"

I thought this couldn't get any worse.

"..sure."

Louis escorts Charlotte to the dance floor and the third song begins, they danced like two lovely swans. Both of elegance, Charlotte tried to hide her uncomfortable expression and kept dancing.

She accidentally steps on Louis's foot and got swept off her feet, a moment later her pose was like she was falling midair, Louis's arm on her waist. Just like a play.

Charlotte got back on both her feet and continued the dance. The third song was over.

"I apologise for stepping on your foot earlier." She apologises to Louis.

"No worries." He says and smiles.

She shows an awkward smile back but he thought nothing of it. Charlotte went back to sit as she was exhausted from dancing.

Louis on the other hand goes up to his father and whispers something, the king got up and says.

"This banquet was held for a secret purpose, and that was to find my son's fiancée. Also known as the future queen of Wynknight. My son has chosen the woman he wants, and that is Charlotte Alpheus!"

Everyone gasps, Charlotte held her mouth wide open. It was unbelievable, she never wanted to have a fiancée this early.

"I object." Charlotte replies to the king.

"State your reason."

"I never planned on engaging myself at an early age like this, I've only met Louis briefly. Therefore, I'm not suitable for him. I apologise your majesty but I must object."

"You dare reject my son? How dare you provoke me. Guards!"

When did I provoke you huh? All I did is reject your son you moron.

6 guards sprint towards Charlotte, she was standing right in the centre of the ballroom. The charging knights came at Charlotte simultaneously.

Charlotte jumps around the area removing each's knights armour off one by one. She stealthily steals a sword from a knight and cuts off her long dress so she can move easier.

Dodging every knights hit, their armour had been completely removed. Although they had swords in their hands, except one which Charlotte stole from so he backed out.

Charlotte does a one versus five and goes through them each with ease.

"I'm sorry." Charlotte whispers to the knights while preparing to battle them.

She swiftly runs through them, chopping their heads off. Flying. Charlotte's sword pierces through the heads one by one, like a kebab. Their bodies fall on their knees and to the ground.

The ground became a blood pool, Charlotte being the centre of it all. Her hands were bloody, her dress went from an elegant blue colour to a wilted red bloody rose colour.

People were traumatised from the scene they had just witnessed, the king had his eyes widened.

Charlotte takes a deep breath and walks up to the king, blood trailing behind her. She says,

"Now this, is called provoking."

"Thanks to you I'm all covered in blood. You're lucky you're the king of this kingdom."

Charlotte adds at the end, turning around and walking back.

A large ray of blinding light covers Charlotte and the blood on her was gone, her dress went back to it's original length. A once bloody sword with five heads pierced through has now became a shiny silver sword.

She looked like a determined warrior goddess standing there.

She turns to the crowd and says, "I apologise for the ruckus." finishing then bowing in front of them all.

Charlotte drops her sword and walks outside to the palace garden.

It was wider and larger than the duke estate's garden and Dianly's palace garden combined. There was also a small hedge maze that had less routes that people can easily go in and out.

Charlotte heads into the hedge maze, a voice appears behind her.

"You good?"

Charlotte turns around and sees Lorenzo with white tulips in his hands.

"I'm fine, it's just hard to process. Wherever I go I always have to involve myself and it's frustrating."

"I saw you back there, I thought you were really cool to be honest."

"When am I not cool?"

"Good point."

They caught up with each other and laughed, even though Lorenzo already knew everything that happened to her as he was secretly watching from afar. Not the stalker kind, when she's in trouble he's always there to watch and ready to strike a move if anyone tries to harm her.

Lorenzo puts a white tulip in her hair and says,

"I don't have any much time here before I fade away again, I'll see you again soon. Try to remember me. Ella."

"I'll see you again soon then."

Charlotte gives Lorenzo a peck on the cheek and he fades away while giving a soft smile.

-

After, they had already head back to the hotel. It was already the last night they'd spend there.

Ain was sleeping soundly and Charlotte held her crescent necklace tightly as she closed her eyelids and dozed off.