Chapter 87: My Fault

Minerva Mcgonagal Pov:

Y/n passed out before we reached the infirmary. Severus carried her till there. He cares and worries for Y/n as if she were his own.

Y/n is amazing and sweet, a lot like Lily. But she's got the trouble making and courage like James and the  intelligence and power like Severus. A holy trinity, if I had ever seen one.

"I'll stay with her Severus, you have to report to Albus and help him" I said as Madame Pomfrey took care of Y/n. "Call me once she is awake" he replied. "Do you miss her Severus, Lily?" I asked.

He didn't reply and walked away. I sighed. Typical Severus, always one to keep to himself, even when he was younger.

I sat next to Y/n, after Madame Pomfrey had tended to her. Potter came in a few times, seeing if she had woken up, so did Malfoy, Parkinson, Granger and all the Weasleys.

She woke up a while later, looking exhausted. "You're awake" I said smiling. "Professor" she replied with a smile. "How's Harry, and Alastor Moody? Is Mr Diggory alright?" she asked sitting up. A sweet child, caring more about others than herself.

"Y/n, Potter is still asleep, Alastor Moody is being taken care of by the ministry and Amos Diggory is taking Cedric's death better than before" I replied. "I want to see Mr Diggory Professor, I promised Ced I would take care of him" she said.

"How is it that you know that?" I asked. "I saw him, Cedric after he died. Everything paused and he asked me to take care of his dad and to tell him that he loved him" she replied, tearing up.

"Y/n!" I heard Granger and Weasley yell. "I'll leave you to it then Y/n, get better soon" I said getting up.

Y/n Pov:

Professor Mcgonagal left and Mione and Ron ran in. "Are you okay?" Ron asked. "I am, but Ced is not" I replied sighing. "It's not your fault Y/n" Mione said. "I agree with her, it's not your fault" Ron added.

"But it is my fault, my fault Voldemort tried to battle Harry last night, my fault Harry almost lost and it is absolutely my fault that Ced's dead. I knew something bad was going to happen and I couldn't stop it " I replied, tears brimming in my eyes. "It isn't your fault Y/n, don't blame yourself" Ron said.

"I don't want to talk about it I guess, but I do want to see Mr Diggory" I replied. "I guess you'll see him later, during Cedric's funeral" Mione replied.

"Y/n!" I heard Draco exclaim. "Are you okay? Did anything happen to you?" he asked. "I'm okay Dray" I replied. He placed a kiss on my head and sat at the edge of the bed.

"Malfoy" Ron said turning to Draco.

"What is going on with you both?" Ron asked. Mione whispered something into his ear. "What?" Ron replied wide eyed.  "Oh, well, I guess I want you to be happy?" Ron said turning to me.

"Thank you Ron" I replied. So Ron know, but Harry doesn't.

"Why is Malfoy here?" Harry asked walking in. "How are you feeling Harry?" I asked. "I'm good, but what is he doing here?' he replied.

"Umm, give us a minutes you guys, I'll talk to him" I said. "Even you Dray" I added. "Fine, but if he hurts you-" "He won't do anything Dray, now leave" I interrupted.

"What is going on?" Harry asked. "I think you know?" I replied. "So you both are.." "Together yes"

"I can't allow it" he replied. "You don't get a say in this Harry" I responded. "He's a horrible person, he isn't good enough for you" "He is an amazing person, but out of curiosity, who is enough for me?" "No one.." he replied.

"Harry don't do that please" I said. "Fine" he replied sighing. "I don't want you to be miserable because of me, but if he hurts you in any way I will end him" he added.

I chuckled at his threaten. "You can do that" I replied.

"Miss Black?" Someone called out. It was Mr Diggory. "How are you Mr Diggory?" I asked. "My son is gone" he replied.

"I am so sorry about that, I never wanted that to happen, you can hate me all you like, it's my fault" I said. "It's not your fault Y/n" Harry replied.

"Mr Potter, if you don't mind I would like to speak with Miss Black" Mr Diggory said. "I'll be right outside" Harry replied.

"You said my son talked to you" Mr Diggory said as Harry left. "What did he tell you?" he asked. "He wanted me to tell you that he loved and he was sorry for leaving you behind. He wanted me to check up on you" I replied.

"My boy was always so nice to his father" Mr Diggory said. "Dumbledore is planning a funeral for my son, I want you to write a eulogy for it, for my son" he added.

"Me? But why, I'm the reason he's gone" I replied. "My boy is gone, but it isn't your fault, it's mine for making him put his name in the goblet" He said. "You were the last to see him, to talk to him. I know a little about you and I know you and him were friends" he added.

"I'll do it" I replied. He smiled slightly before leaving.