Chapter - 22 I am cursed

Raine Simmons- Blackwood

Klaus pressed Isla against the counter. Her back pressed to his chest. Her head angled sidewards resting on his well-built shoulder while he started to lower his head. I looked around for any sight of Harp but she was nowhere to be found.

At least they were not getting cozy in front of a little girl! She would have been traumatized.

" Um.. guys? " I cleared my throat. They quickly scrambled off in either direction, creating a super safe distance between them.

" Hey, Rainy!! " Klaus said awkwardly.

" Don't you Hey me !! How long has it been going on? " I said dashing towards them. " And you didn't even tell me? " I pouted.

" I — " Isla started but was instantly cut off by Klaus.

" No !! It's nothing. " He smiled. I looked at Isla for approval, but hurt flashed her eyes. She immediately turned around, busying herself.

" Ah yes ! " she murmured.  " it's nothing. Now, enough questions, join us. "

Then started our enjoyment, of which Isla wasn't a part of. Isla seemed dozed off the entire time. I knew something was bothering her.

" Isla, you know you can talk to me. Right?" I said, as I found her alone in her room, after our cooking and stomach filling sessions.

" I know," she said wiping off her unshed tears.

" Do you like him ? "

" Does it matter? "

" Why does it not? " I asked in disbelief.

" Because... he doesn't feel the same. " she sighed.

" You don't know that unless you tell him. "

" I don't think  I should.  Maybe I should just move on. After so long, I felt so connected to him only to get rejected and I don't want Harp to get her hopes high. I have seen her happy after so long."

Since that stupid ex-boyfriend of hers left her, she stood up for herself.  Not only for herself but for Harp too. She never let the emptiness of not having a father, consume Harp in any way.

" At least think about it. Because you need a fresh start, you both do. He has been through a lot but doesn't show it." I looked at her expectantly.

" You are right. I will think about it. " she enveloped my hand in hers. " Are you sure you have known him for a month? Because it doesn't seem like it. The way you talk about him, the way your eyes show a sense of sadness accompanied by warmth made me feel that you both share a special bond."

Was I that obvious? Maybe.

Should I tell her everything? No !! It will only bring her in danger and I couldn't afford that.