Chapter 26 - Lovers Quarrel

Vote for the chapter please. Recommend it to any HxH fans you know. Thanks so much for reading. Stay tuned! xoxox

Oh shit! Hisoka chuckles at me panicking as I make a mad dash to shore. What would they think if they saw me with him in such a compromising...position? It'd probably destroy Killua. He'd think Hisoka "ruined" me.

Eventually they catch sight of Hisoka through the fog, while I run behind a tree for cover. Gon calls his name and Hisoka turns like he has no idea they were there. I hear them all turn on their nen like they're about to battle.

"I see your nen's improved since we last saw each other. Happy to see the fruit's still ripening," Hisoka says.

Wow, I forgot how creepy he is. It actually makes me smile. Why am I like this? I think as I put my pants on. What's his fascination with Gon about? I peer over the tree trunk at him, naked as the day he was born, as if nothing's out of the ordinary. Is this confidence, or just a lack of social decorum? Maybe he likes taking people by surprise.

A muscle-bound man traveling with the boys and Bisky eventually yells at Hisoka. "Will you please put some damn clothes on?"

Dammit. His clothes are near me. How am I going to get away without being seen? I turn on my In and creep as quietly as possible 10 feet away. Hopefully I'll still hear what's going on. Oddly enough, I'm a little pissed that all this is happening. I really wanted to see more of Hisoka—I mean for things not to end, or umm, screw it, you know what I mean.

The boys of course look shocked and disgusted. Their eyes bulge at the sight of man meat. Meanwhile Bisky is all but drooling as Hisoka walks to shore and dresses. I would've never guessed she was attracted to him. That only makes me want to see what the fuss is about even more. Once Hisoka's dressed, Gon and Killua question him about why he's on the island.

"I came to see Chrollo," Hisoka lies.

My face wrinkles up at this. Why would he lie to them? Does their interest clash with his? Supposedly Hisoka wants to inform Chrollo that he can get an exorcist to remove a curse that restricts his nen. With everything going on, I'd almost forgotten that Hisoka came here to find the exorcist.

Oh goodness. Abengane! Was he able to escape the bomber's crew? How did I not think of him and the forest as soon as I woke up? I can't go and check on him now. Hisoka will wonder where I am and try to follow me. Besides, I'm not ready for him to leave yet...Wait a minute, if Hisoka's looking for the exorcist, does that mean the rest of the spiders are on the island looking for the exorcist too? I pray that isn't the case. I really don't want another target on my back.

"By the way, whose shoes are those?" Killua asks.

I look down at my bare feet, still wet and crumbly with dirt. How could I forget to cover my tracks and get my shoes??

I can almost hear Hisoka shrugging. "No idea."

"Are you being followed?" Gon asks.

Everything seems to slow down after I hear the question. I would die if they found me out here, half dressed with Hisoka. Especially after the mess I was to them before. The boys don't like him as it is. I don't need their judgment and questions. Honestly, Hisoka is my escape from the world, but the boys are a reality I'm in no mood to deal with. It's too embarrassing. Especially after I almost killed Killua by accident. I'm happy that he's doing okay, that makes me feel less guilty. But they're kids and I don't want to involve them in grown folks' business. I deserve my privacy.

"If you want, we'd be happy to patrol the area for any spies," Bisky says sweetly.

Ha, I could only imagine her sarcastic reply if she saw me. Guess you found the therapy you needed.