Chapter 61

Ace's POV

The baby is what?

I shit , I run around the house looking for all the stuff that she says she needs. The entire time she's crying out of pain.

How useless I feel right now. Jason helps with other stuff. And we're out and heading to the hospital. 

Beads of sweat cover her face as she pushes her legs open in the car.

"Breathe." Jason says , holding her hand.  It's all to be good Ace , just calm down.

It happens all the time right? They all feel pains before the baby is right? Somebody just give me reassurance. 

The moment we get to the emergency room , we have nurses who attend to us. They put her on a wheelchair and push her into another room.

"Hello?" Mrs Miller says into the phone .

"Hi , momma its Ace. Cass is in the hospital right now , I'm sending Jason to pick you up." I say .

Jason gives me a glare.  Cass told me that the two dont see eye to eye.

"What's wrong with her ? Is she sick?" She asks , at the same time I hear movement from the background.

"She's about to go into labour ." I say . And I hear a loud thud .

The phone fell . Then it goes dead .

"Jason , go fetch her." I say to him.  He mopes , looks at me and groans.

"Why? Can't we just send an Uber?" He asks .

"Jason , right now you have to put whatever feud you have with her aside.  My wife needs her mother!" I accidentally tell.

I touch the tips of my fingers onto my temples and I'm trying to relax .

How do people do this? This takes alot of energy.

Jason leaves . He's mumbled a few words before he left but I was too worried to listen to him.

"Hi , how is she?" I hear a voice sitting next to me.

I just know it's Kim from that calm voice.  She pats my shoulder warily.

"Look I'm sorry about the other night . I know that I've crossed some boundaries and I apologise for that . Cassiey is my best friend and I'd never do anything to hurt her .

Dropping my hand on your thigh is something habitual for me as that's how I calm my family and Cassiey down . I'm sorry again Ace .

And I hope that yoy dont think that I have some hidden agenda or anything of that sort." She says looking sad .

"Its all good Kim." I say to her . She stares at me then nods in understanding .

"How is she?" She asks , and if I'm correct it's the second time she asks .

"Kimberly I have no fucking idea how she is because I'm sitting here with you aren't I? Please , dont ask such illogical questions. " I snap at her .

"Ace you need to calm down . Have you eaten something?" She asks .

A laugh falls from my mouth.  I look at her and snap my mouth closed before I say anything I might regret .

"How long have you been here?" She finally asks . I sigh loudly , she sure does ask alot of questions.

"Almost an hour now." I say to her . She nods .

"How long do these things usually take?" I ask , now I'm the annoying one.