Chapter 55.

November 29th, 2015 2:41 a.m.
Vienna, Italy

"Miss? Would you like something to eat?" The bald man asked me, looking down as I sat on the now rusting metal bed.

I hadn't spoken a single word in days. Not since then, not since the incident. My stomach was begging me to at least find something, but I couldn't. Every time my brain wanted to speak, my heart would protest and overpower my need to speak. Not a single syllable left my lips.

My throat was dry and the mud in my hair had done the same days ago. I haven't made a single effort to move or to shower as dirt had built up underneath my fingernails as well as on my skin. I was a mess, a complete mess. If I were to look at me a few weeks ago, I wouldn't be able to recognize myself.

He did this to me. He caused me this. He knew what he was doing the entire time, and I went along and was played like a fool. I should have known that he was toxic, and being around him could completely destroy me. Well, he did, I am utterly eradicated from who I used to be.

The room around me, was white. There was really no other way to describe it, other than white. The bed I had been sitting on was white, with rust forming the outer metal surfaces. The chipped desk was white, but had been covered in dirt and carvings from whoever was here before me. The night stand next to me was white and had a broken leg, evidence of someone snapping it visible as claw marks streaked down the side.

This was no place for me and I knew that, as well as he did, but that didn't matter to him. All that mattered was himself and I should have seen that earlier, rather than being destroyed by him. I should have waited to see his true colors before I decided to commit to him the way that I had.

"Miss, if you do not answer me, I will need to call in the doctor to give you food through intravenous" he threatened making me suck in a harsh breath. I hate shots, more than I hate anything so I'd rather give in then get an IV.

"Can I have something small?" my voice rasped. It didn't even sound like me because of the lack of water, which made my throat extremely dry.

"Of course, I will get you some water as well" he said bowing his head and beginning to walk out of the room.

"Wait" I said quietly, making him immediately turn around to tend to my needs. "Can you send my friend in?" I asked making him sigh.

"Miss, you aren't stable enough to be seeing people..." he said quietly, allowing himself to pity me.

"Please..." I begged, feeling tears want to prick their way to my eyes.

The man sigh and closed his eyes for a brief moment to respond, "Only for a little, I could get in serious trouble for this though..." he said making me attempt at a smile, but fail miserably.

"Thank you.." I whispered, barely audible. The man left with a small nod and I was stranded in the room by myself.

Everything that has happened over the last 48 hours has been playing a constant repeat in my head, yet I feel like it's all a blur. There is a reason, people like me should not get caught up with people like him. I wish I was smart enough to open my eyes and see the true him, the true Harry.

His name alone burnt its way into my head and left a still wounded scar in my memory. I have never felt pain like this before. Losing my father was tough, especially considering how close I was with him, but I don't think the pain of betrayal from someone who you were beginning to trust could ever be compared. This was torture, it was killing me on the inside out.