41. missed it

CLAUDIA WOKE UP the next morning to the feeling of safety and warmth when she noticed that she was still in the arms of Remus

She surprised over the fact that he was there. He was real. He was breathing and he was holding onto her protectively.

She also felt surprised that he had stayed. He had held onto her for hours on end, and he hadn't once let go. He had stayed, and she had actually let him.

And it caused her to forget, just for a moment, about what day it was.

She found herself looking up at the boy's face. He looked peaceful. It was as if a small smile was still on his lips, even though he appeared to be sound asleep.

She realised then, that she really did like looking at his face. Not in a creepy way, just in a way of noticing him and how beautiful he was. Because, let's face it, Claudia thought that Remus looked like a piece of artwork.

The simple explanation was just that Claudia's eyes were drawn to his face. It happened naturally, and it wasn't something she had the time to stop herself from doing.

It was also natural that a small smile crept up on her lips as she saw his face, rays of sunlight shining on his face. It seemed like it would be a perfect day.

Too bad it wasn't, she realised soon enough.

"Shit," she whispered as she realised that it was her mother's birthday, and that she most probably had missed the very minute she wasn't supposed to miss.

Claudia didn't move for a few seconds. She didn't want to know if she had missed to wish her own mother a happy birthday.

She couldn't stand the thought of herself doing that.

But she needed to know. So, she wriggled herself out of Remus' grip, causing the boy to tiredly groan a little since he wanted to have her close to him.

"Don't go," he urged as he attempted to pull her back into his arms.

But she didn't listen to his urge of course.

"Lame?" Remus questioned groggily as the girl left the bed.

If it would have been any other day or any other moment, Claudia would've most likely thought about the way his voice sounded in the morning, or the way he didn't want her to go.

But, she didn't think of that at all as she stood up and picked up his watch on the bedside table, and turned it around with shaky hands.