13. onsies

Chapter 13

Oriya Deronte

Ryder and Sarah had arrived about 2 hours ago. They were the happiest kids alive when they saw each other. Just like they did at their school, they ran up to each other and hugged. Ryder was still tired, he watched TV with Sarah for an hour before he passed out on the couch.

I kept an eye on them from the kitchen, the whole time. I refuse to leave Ryder alone when Vincent is around. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't let Sarah hang out with Ryder but what he didn't know couldn't hurt him. The only reason he's not watching Sarah like a hawk is that he has too much leftover paperwork.

I picked up Ryder in my arms to go put him to bed in his room.

"Can you play with me please? Wincent can't today." A quiet and soft voice spoke.

I turned around and saw Sarah standing behind me with her hands in front of her as she twisted from side to side. She was fucking adorable. What the hell went wrong with Vincent.

I knew Vincent would hate this. He wouldn't want me spending time with his little sister. Which is exactly why I agreed. I thought of taking her to the mall with me. She didn't bring any clothes with her and I needed new ones anyway.

"Of course sweetheart. Stay here, I'm just going to put him to bed okay?" I said, pinching her chubby cheeks. She nodded her head excitedly as she ran back to the couch with a huge grin on her face.

Tucking Ryder in, I placed a kiss on his forehead before making my way back downstairs. Sarah looked up at me and a smile from ear to ear fell on her face.

"Put on shoes, we're going to the mall. Are you okay with that?" I asked, crouching down to her level.

"Yes!" She giggled as ran to the door where her shoes were. She sat down with her tongue slightly poking out her mouth as she struggled to get her shoes on.

"Here, let me help." I offered as I slipped her little feet through her shoes.

I got my car keys and opened the door, I was just about to walk out with Sarah's tiny fist holding my finger when a hand slammed the door shut.

"You must be stupid to think I'll allow her to be alone with you." I didn't need to turn around to know who it was.

"Slam doors in your own house, you fuck." I said, taking a deep breath. I didn't want to fight with him right now. Especially not with Sarah around, but he was making that very difficult.

"I'll do whatever the fuck I want. Stay away from my sister you bitch." He retaliated.

He was acting like I was forcing her out the house. She was fucking smiling, she was very clearly okay. Vincent is a fucking dumbass.

"She wanted to hangout dumbfuck, nobody is forcing her." I said, finally turning around.

He looked down at his sister who was switching her gaze between Vincent and I. He picked her up and held her on his hips.

"I'm free now. We can play." He said, booping her nose. I think this is the nicest I've ever seen him.

"The pretty girl and I awre going to the mawl." She pouted. She thinks I'm pretty.

"We can go." He offered.

Sarah and him had a back and forth argument on if she should go with him or me for about 5 minutes. I would've made the offer of him coming along and we went our separate ways but Vincent gave in. 

Thank you Jesus.

"Fine, go with her." He forced a smile as he let her down. She giggled happily and hugged his leg before running to me and holding my finger like she was.