forty-eight: the divine move

chapter forty-eight ❝  and i'm so scared of how this ends ❞the divine move

chapter forty-eight
  and i'm so scared of how this ends
the divine move

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

Kennedy sat next to Lydia, the two girls holding hands. Scott sat next to Kennedy, and Isaac sat next to him. Allison was dead. Gone. Forever. Kennedy gave her witness statement first. It was so fast. One minute, they're all hanging out. The next, someone's trying to steal their car, the pull out something metallic and sharp, and Allison was on the ground.

That was the story, anyway.

Derek Hale came by the police station, coming to pick up Kennedy. She slowly looked up, eyes wide. "Derek?" She croaked. Derek gave her an empathetic, letting his cousin jump into his arms. Kennedy wrapped her small arms around his torso. She never wanted to let go.

"I'm so sorry, Kenny," Derek whispered in his cousins hair, kissing the top of her head. He glanced at the others around the station. "Come on, I'll get you home." Kennedy nods, saying goodbyes to everyone before walking out with Derek.

Kennedy looked at Derek, the two of them still having their arms linked. "Derek? What are we gonna do?" She asked.

"We're going to stop this." Derek answered. "But, I have to go help out the twins too. And your dad wants to speak to you." Kennedy frowned in confusion.

༺❀༻

Kennedy rolled her eyes at Peter, watching him pull out suitcases. "Dad, vacations not for another week."

"Yeah, well, I'm getting you out of here today." He argued. "My daughter is not dying to some fox."

Kennedy scoffed, walking over. Peter stutters as Kennedy grabs the suitcase, throwing it across the room. "We're not leaving until we save Stiles!" Kennedy shouts. "I already lost Allison, I cant lose him too."

The doorbell rang, causing both Hales to look over. Kennedy eyeballed her dad, rushing down the stairs. She swung open the door, seeing Lydia standing there. The Martin had changed, and seemingly showered judging by the hair change. Kennedy had done the same, except she was in sweatpants.

"Lydia?"

"We have to go to the animal clinic," Lydia blurts, looking over Kennedy's outfit. "And you need to change."

Kennedy sighed, "Lydia, I just want to sleep." She began. Lydia pushed herself into the apartment, causing Kennedy to furrow a brow.

As Kennedy shuts the front door, Lydia spins around. "Kennedy, I have known you since we were five years old, okay? I know you better than anyone else." Kennedy crossed her arms, unsure where this was going. Lydia walked over. "You're trying to avoid everyone cause you blame yourself for what happened to Allison. But it's not your fault! Or Stiles's, or anyone else!" Lydia shouts, throwing her hands in the air. "So, you and me, are going to the animal clinic, we are finding a way to stop the Nogitsune, and you are kicking ass. Okay?"