09| For her own sake

Dante Angelo Romano POV:
————————————————

I watch as she stands there awkwardly not knowing what to do with Domenico gone.

I can't tell if I'm mad because he fucked the same girl that has invaded my mind for the past two weeks or because she's been invading my mind for the last two weeks.

Both.

She looks even more beautiful then she did the night at the bar. Her hair tied up in a messy bun, no makeup, a white Nike set that shows off her perfect body.

I'm so close to grabbing a blanket and wrapping it around her to hide that body that no one else can see but me.

"I should probably start heading home." she says snapping me out of my thoughts.

Looking down at my watch, I shake my head "It's late already."

She turns and looks up at me and I watch as recognition and confusion flow through her blueish gray eyes.

She recognizes me just doesn't know from where.

"Yeah hunny, it's already 11:30." my mom says with a gentle smile on her face.

She shakes her head and looks over to her. "It's fine, really, my apartment is only a twenty minute drive." she says as she nervously switches from leg to leg.

She's not comfortable.

Pulling my keys out from my pocket, I turn and grab my blazer from the coat rack. Not being able to stand them being able to see her body, I place it over her shoulders. She looks up at me in confusion but I just gesture to the door with my head. "It's cold outside and I'll take you home."

She shakes her head and begins to take off my blazer when I place a hand on her shoulder, keeping it there. "I insist."

After much hesitation, she eventually nods her head and looks back to my family but before she could speak again, my mother does. "I'm Adreanna, this is my husband Enrico, my son Dante and his friend Matteo."

I watch as she goes up to them and greets them. Matteo and my dad bringing her hand up to their lips and placing a kiss on her knuckles which I scowl at, then she says "Aria."

After stepping back at my side, closer then before, I can tell she feels awfully uncomfortable. Looking around to see the cause of it, I see Matteo staring at her as if she were his desert served late.

My fist clench at my side and I find my slightly stepping in front of her to hide her from his view. He seems to snap out of his daze and when he sees the glare I'm sending him, he turns around and grabs the plates that are on the island.

"Matteo, make sure everything is okay before you leave." I say my tone cold.

He nods his head and walks to the dish washer where he places the plates in.

"Can one of you guys tell Dom when he comes down that he can call me if he needs anything? I'll write down my number." I hear that angelic voice from behind me.

I freeze but then gather myself and turn around to face her.

Domenico doesn't let anyone call him Dom.