22: work of art

"You tell me", you answered biting your lip to contain a sheepish smile.

He smiled amused by your cheeky reply and wrapped his arms around your waist pulling you closer.

"You look like wife material, that's how hot you are", he told you giving you the butterflies. It was so crazy but also so promising to hear the word 'wife' roll off his tongue.

And it didn't even bother you. The thought of marriage wasn't so scary after all and maybe he was right.

Maybe you were ready now that you are in a different place, at a point in your life where it all seems to be easier and not so scary anymore.

"Thank you", you said quietly and pecked his lips in return.

"Come on, let's get cleaned up. You still have paint all over you", he said reaching behind you to grab the shower gel.

You couldn't stop giggling when you began cleaning and washing each other's bodies and hair.

At the end of the day you had so much fun and could add another day to your collection of days on which you simply can't stop laughing because of him. You just laugh together until your stomach aches from countless laughing fits.

You felt like you were finally heading into the right direction building up your relationship stronger than ever.
Strong enough to face any kind of hardship that comes with the future and marriage.

There was this feeling in your chest, a warmth that told you that you made the right choice and that you'll get so much out of it once you were ready for the next step.

The next day you woke up and made breakfast for the two of you. While you were pouring milk into your bowl of cereal your phone went off and you spilled milk all over the counter and yourself when you hectically reached for it.

You picked up and cursed churlishly when you noticed that your shirt was soaked with milk.

"Hm, what a great way to be greeted in the morning", you recognised James' voice.

"Hi, James. I'm sorry, I just spilled milk all over me when I reached for my phone", you apologised taking a towel to dry yourself off a little bit.

"Ah, that's okay. Don't worry", he said in his adorable British accent. He was so sweet and such a good friend to you.

You still felt bad for rejecting him so bluntly but in that moment you were too overwhelmed by Jungkook entering your life again to take note of your surroundings.

You never talked about this matter. You wanted to apologise for the way you acted.

He seemed to be fine but you wanted to let him know that you care a lot about him and didn't want to treat him like he didn't matter to you.

So when you'd find a calm moment you would tell him exactly that. You really didn't want to lose him as your friend, he was too precious to you.

"So, what's up? Why are you calling me?", you asked wiping the counter clean.

"Got any plans today?", he asked in a playful tone.

"No, not yet. Why?", you asked back curiously.

"Well, my friend group is throwing a beach party tonight and I figured you probably want to come, right?", he questioned you.

"Oh my god, yes of course! I'd love to come", you replied happily.

You always wanted to go to a party at the beach and as it happens, there was one point on Jungkook's list that matched up very well.

"Should I bring anything?", you asked after he stopped laughing at your cute, excited reaction to his suggestion.

"Nope, we take care of everything. But you can bring your plus one", he said without any bitter overtone.

"Okay, great. We'll be there", you said pulling a confused face when you heard the snapping sound of a staple coming from the living room.

"I'm looking forward to it", he said and was going to say something else when you cut him off.

"I'm sorry, I need to hang up. My plus one is doing something... weird. I'll see you tonight", you told him goodbye and ended the call to check on Jungkook.

You walked into the living room and saw him leaning over something on the floor with a stapler in his hand.

You came closer and realised he was stretching the canvas you painted yesterday over a wooden frame.

"Good morning, babe", he greeted you when he noticed you standing beside him, "look at our work of art."

He picked the frame up and turned it around. You were met with a very colourful painting gracing the originally white canvas.

You gasped and then chuckled when you noticed a few spots where the paint wasn't smeared and one could recognised half a hand print or the outline of your a$$.

You could even see some prints which showed the seam of your lingerie's lace.

"It's pretty and so colourful. I really like it", you commented and smiled at him.

He got up and walked over to the left wall of the living room right across the TV. It was still quite empty since you hadn't put up any pictures there.

"I'm going to hang it up right here", he announced leaning it against the wall and bent down to grab the hammer and a nail from the toolbox on the floor next to the couch you hadn't noticed up until now.

"What? You can't do that, Jungkook", you tried to stop him panicking a little bit, "what if someone figures out what it is? Why don't we put it up in the bedroom?"

He lifted his eyebrows surprised. "Are you for real now?", he asked chuckling.

"Yea", you exclaimed, "what if my mum visits us and sees it?"

"That, babe", he said striding towards you to place a hot, open-mouthed kiss on your lips, "is the real fun of it. Otherwise it would be too boring."

He turned back around and hammered the nail into the wall before you could stop him.

"And so what", he said lifting up the canvas and balanced it perfectly on the nail, "then people will see that we're doing it."

"If it hadn't been obvious already", he added looking you up and down with a smirk on his lips.