Extra Info: The Umbruna

The Umbruna:

The Umbruna is a flower that the Gnomes used to cultivate. Umbruna is Gnomish for Moonshade; the country the flowers are native to were once part of the lands that the Gnomes lived on, but after the emigration out of the lands, due to plagues and mysterious disappearances of Gnomes and half of the flowers, over time, the name of the land was forgotten.

Umbruna's are very rare, almost legend to Gnomes, who guard the secret very closely.

In daylight, and on stem, the Umbruna is a midnight blue color. When picked in daylight, it wilts and turns brown.

In the darkness, it is either white or purple, depending on whether it is in the shade, or touched by the moonlight.

The flower itself mutes emotions in moonlight, and enhances emotions both in daylight and darkness.

The Umbruna Extract*:

When brewed from a wilted Umbruna, (harvested in the daylight) the elixir enhances all emotions and abilities.

When brewed from a fresh Umbruna, (harvested in the moonlight) the elixir mutes all emotions and abilities.

Lab Tests:

The three "volunteers" were monitored by a Telepath and an Empath, who both reported the following results; the volunteers exhibited mostly the same stages and symptoms.

Volunteer #1 reached Stage 1 when the drug first reached the hippocampus; when monitored by a Telepath, it seemed that the scenario the brain created was based around grief. Volunteer 1# circulated through this stage three times.

Stage 2 was when the drug reached the lungs, which was when the Volunteer #1 stopped breathing. The scenario experienced was based around acceptance, which shortly led to the volunteer's death. There was only one circulation through this stage.

Volunteer #2 exhibited the same symptoms, except much quicker, as they were given a larger dose. They only experienced stage one once, and stage two was extremely short.

Volunteer 3#, who was given the drug while awake, did not experience the stages until asleep. They did experience dizziness and severe headaches. "It pounded, like needles stabbing into my brain," Vonunteer 3# reported. He passed out immediately afterwards.

Strangely enough, according to our Telepath, Volunteer #3 experienced a ghost stage, just before Stage 1, in which their mind was empty. This volunteer survived the longest, through they were given the largest dose.

Each Volunteer was a Telepath**, though we learned afterwards that the third volunteer had photographic memory, which we suspect was why they experienced the ghost stage.

Experiments will begin next week on the effects of the drug on elves with other abilities.

*Umbruna extract is a highly addictive and powerful hallucinogenic and can be extremely dangerous and/or lethal to elves with certain abilities, which includes but is not limited to: Telepaths, Enhancers, Empaths, Beguilers.

**Telepaths are highly affected by Umbruna Extract, since their minds are typically more powerful than a non-Telepath, due to the nature of the ability; the drug can and often will create hallucinations; it will target the brain, specifically the hippocampus; the memories, faces, and places stored there will be picked up and put into scenarios;