vi. dumb ideas and scene 45

CHAPTER SIX·

CHAPTER SIX
·.¸¸.·♪♫ mr perfectly fine ♫♪·.¸¸.·

REECE COULD HEAR THE music playing from the radio as she walked up to her kitchen island. Where Anne sat eating a bowl of cereal while her mother and Victor made breakfast for themselves. She fluffed her sister's hair, gaining protest from the young redhead.

"Good morning, sweetheart," Scarlett said, plating her and her fiancee's eggs on their plates.

"Morning," she mumbled. Reece was not a morning person. She grabbed a bowl of cereal for herself and sat down.

"We won't be home until late tonight, maybe cook something this time." Scarlett said.

"Got it." she got a text from Josie letting her know she'd be ready in 10 minutes.

"I'm going over Ashlyn's tonight, we have to work on an art project." Anne explained, taking a spoonful of Lucky Charms.

"Well, looks like I'm alone for dinner...again" she whispered the last part.

♪♫ ♫♪

Reece sat as she watched Gina's Stick to the Status Quo pitch. Anne sat beside her doing her math homework, which she would ask Reece for help every so often. Josie took pictures of each of the students (and Ms. Jenn) who were hard at work.

About an hour had passed, at this time most people had gotten the hang of the choreography. It got to a point where Reece memorized it and she wasn't even in the scene.

"Everybody hold!" Ms. Jenn instructed. "Nini, where were you? We've been here for an hour."

"I'm so sorry, I lost my phone and basically spent last night living as a hunter-gatherer." she explained, "Which, by the way, did you know that there are things that are only on TV at a certain time? Anyway, I finally picked it up in the lost and found and...oh, wait, did you say an hour?"

Ms. Jenn nodded, "Gina sent you and me a text asking if we could come in early so she could talk through an idea. You didn't get it?"

"No, because my phone was missing."

"Well, honey, you've gotta keep better track of your stuff," she said, "A real triple threat means singing, acting, and being organized."

Nini nodded. "Got it."

"If you had been here, you'd know that Gina pitched a whole new dance break for Gabriella and Taylor in the middle of Status Quo. And she had Carlos work it all out with her and it is just dazzling."

"You and Carlos?" Nini questioned Gina as she handed her a lunch tray.

"Gina, why don't you hydrate and show Nini the new choreo?" Ms. Jenn suggested.

♪♫ ♫♪

"Hey, Ashlyn, I got your text," Reece said, looking down at her phone. "Your instructions were not clear, so I went to every single staircase in this school. But of course, the last one I choose is the right one."