「 𝟐𝟎 」

◈•••••••‧͙⁺˚*・༓♛༓・*˚⁺‧͙•••••••◈

You can't understand what's happening. The whole room is gleeful and happy. They clap towards the stage from the men who just performed the music, but you're lost. Your gaze is glued to the box.

Jungkook is sitting alone inside the see-through prison. He looks so out of it. It's like he's on the verge of near insanity.

You want to push the people in front of you out of the way and make it to him. You want to set him free. Regardless of the warning he gave you that day, you can't help how you want to help him. No person should have to endure the things Jungkook is going through.

"Y/N?" Jimin turns you to face him while trying to make sure you're feeling alright.

"I'm sorry; I just need a moment..."

You apologize to Jimin and step closer to the front of the room. You're only feet away from coming closer to Jungkook, but someone stops you in your tracks before you could start walking up the stage steps.

You get spun around to face the stranger who stopped you from pursuing your goal of getting close to Jungkook. Once you're face to face with the person, you realize it's not a stranger but Namjoon instead.

He grabs your arm and pulls you away from the direction of the stage without a word. He doesn't seem angry but tense.

As he pulls you through the mass wave of people, he whispers to you.

"Y/N, what are you doing going near him? I've told you. The rest have told you. Shit, he's probably said it himself. You can't be around him." Namjoon sighs while trying to get the picture through your head.

"I know, Namjoon, but I can't help it." You feel bad because you know that you shouldn't have gotten close to him. She could hurt all of you from the tiniest mistake you could've made, but thankfully, Namjoon got close to you before anyone else saw.

"Look, I understand. Trust me, I do. You want to help him and save us, right?" He turns around and grabs both sides of your arms to look you straight in the eyes.

You agree. You want to help all of these people. You glance at the hundreds of people in the room.

"Well, to do that, you have to play the game. You won't even come close to winning if you just jump on stage and try to run away with the prize. That's not how it works. Jungkook is going through a lot, but if she catches you around him, then things will be a lot harsher for him."

"She takes out her anger on him, and if she thinks he's talking to other girls in that kind of way, she literally fucks with him. I don't mean the kind of teasing girl shit—I mean, she brings in her bodyguards to beat the shit out of him. Torture him, tying him up, and doing things we can't even imagine. So if you want to save him then—" Namjoon is about to finish his sentence, but he gets cut off.

"Stay the fuck away from him in other words," Taehyung says while joining the both of you.

"I heard from one of the guards she won't be here for another hour or so, and I'm bored as hell," Taehyung says while sighing. He blows a piece of fallen hair away from his eyes.

"Then what do you expect we do, Mr. Tiger?" Namjoon teases, while Taehyung rolls his eyes.

"Let's go somewhere more private and get away from all these people. It's crowded as fuck. Not to mention it's hot as hell in here." Taehyung pulls on his suit collar.

Namjoon agrees and finds Jin through a small hole in the crowd. He mouths to him, so he doesn't have to yell across the space.

"We'll be back," Namjoon says, and Jin nods after understanding.