for moving on from pain

IN YEOP

As I sat on my brother's bed, the memories of him came back like a meteor striking the earth. Painful memories and some I almost forgotten about. His room remained untouched. Mom wanted a part of him to be intact. For us to remember him.

"I love you, hyung. I hope you're up there listening to me. I really miss you.", I whispered to myself yet to him too.

I couldn't cry. He's always taught me to be strong and I've never cried since the day he died. I want to. I want to cry so bad. I flinched slightly as I heard the doorbell going off. Who would be here? I didn't remember any of mom's friends coming over.

I went out of my brother's room and the ringing became more intense. I groaned and took bigger steps to the door.

"Who the fuck-", I froze as I swung open the door.

Jungwon?! Wha-Oh. Shim Jaeyun you...

"I bought you medicine and food! Jaeyun told me you were sick. Do you have a fever?", Jungwon reached out, tiptoeing to lay the back of his hand on my forehead. (Like a fever, fever, fever)

I just stood there frozen. He looks cute today. Did he style his hair? It looks so fluffy..

"Hyung?", I was woken up from my daydream as Jungwon smiled at me, walking past me and into the house.

"W-Wait-"

I held his wrist, holding him back. My cheeks began to flush as I tried to find the words to thank the cute boy in front of me. He looked up at me with a confused smile.

"Thank you. Jae told me you were coming. I didn't think you would.", He laughed softly and smacked his small hand on my chest.

"Why wouldn't I? I'm your friend after all."

Yeah. Friend. Because that's all we're going to be. Nothing more and nothing less.

"Anyways, you have a slight fever. These should help a bit.", He held up a bag, I'm guessing the medicine.

"Gosh, how could you get yourself sick like this? Are you taking good care of your health?", I can't help but smile when he's caring for me like this.

The moment I laid my eyes on him. I knew he was the one. He makes me happy whenever he smiled and talked about every single thing and I can't deny that I missed him today.

"Eat slowly.", Jungwon said softly as I literally devoured the delicious food that he bought me.

He laughed, the beautiful sound making me stop and look up at him. He was glowing. He really is the most beautiful person I've ever seen in my whole life.

"W-Why are y-you looking at me l-like that? Stop..", Jungwon said, his cheeks flushed.

I pushed aside the plate of food and rested my hand on my chin, facing Jungwon. He didn't want to make eye contact. So cute.

"Tell me about yourself. I want to know you better."

"You do?", He looked at me, surprised.

"Of course. You're like a closed book waiting to be opened.", I grinned and winked at him.

He handed me the pills without looking at me.

"Take them first. If you do, I'll tell you."

I chuckled and took the pills, putting them in my mouth and swallowing it without water. Jungwon gasped and handed me a glass of water. I gladly drank it. I shouldn't have dry swallowed. The horrible taste of the pill is still on my tongue.