Chapter Twenty Three

N I K O L A I

"What do you want?" I asked as soon as I walked in inside my office where that witch was waiting for me. She was sitting in my chair with her legs crossed like she own the damn place.

She was about to open her filthy mouth but I raised my hand stopping her. "First get the fuck up from my chair and button up your damn blouse. I don't want to see your plastic tits."

She rolled her eyes but button it up anyway. "Atleast, mine is better than Rosebelle's."

"Don't compare your fake tits with her's. Anyway what the fuck do you want. I don't think you came all the way from London just to compare your tits with Belle's."

She rolled her eyes again. "I-"

"It better be important. Or I promise, you won't make it out of here alive."

She gulped and tired her best to hide her fear. "It's about Melania."

My shoulder tensed. "How do you know Melania." I asked More like demand.

She smirked. "I have my ways darling."

Melania was my childhood best friend who went missing fifteen years ago. I search for her everywhere but it was as if she vanished into a thin air. Like as if she never did exist. Her mom died when she was born leaving her with her father who later died of grief after she went missing.

"Where is she? How is she? Is she alive?" I fired questions at her but she just smirked at me.

"She is alive and that's all I  can say." She said as walked towards me.

"Where. Is. She."

"What will I get if I take you to her." She said making me more angry.

"I'll spare your life." I gritted out.

"Oh really? That's not even an option. You need me alive to to find her."

I balled my hand into a fist. "Arabelle. Don't test me. Just fucking tell me what the fuck do you want."

She was about to answer when Edwin burst into the room making me glare at him. "Boss, ma'am is awake."

I immediately stood up and ran past Edwin leaving an annoyed Arabelle who was shouting after me.

I burst into the room to see Bella stirring in the bed Stella standing beside her. I rushed towards her side.

"Edwin said she's awake." I said to Stella more like questioning.

"She will be awake in a while. I'll go now." She said and nodded dismissing her.

Belle opened her eyes and I waved my hands over her face. "Belle, can you hear me?"

"Move your hands away from my face or I'll puke all over you." She hissed at and and I immediately moved away. She sat up rubbing my head while I watched her not knowing what to do next.

"How many hours was I out for." She asked me.

"Six."

"What happened?"

"Someone from the gang helped Antonio to slip inside my office. He hit you on the head and you fainted. When I rushed inside he was pointing his gun at you. I was so scared Belle. I thought I lost you." I grabbing her hand before squeezing it. If only she knew how much she mean to me.

"And what happened? Is Antonio still alive?" She asked with panic lacing her voice.

"Don't worry my love. He is death. I shot him myself." I whispered and hugged her before placing a small kiss on her forehead.

"Do you want anything? Are you hungry? Do you want some water."

"No. Can we just. . . . can we just go home." She said and I nodded before lifting her bridal style.

"You know I can walk."

"What if you feel dizzy and fall down?" She rolled my eyes but didn't argue and I grinned at her.

We were about to get in the car when someone called out my name.

"Nico." Arabelle called out as she came running towards us. This bitch. Have to do something with her before she creates more problems and misunderstanding between Belle and me.

I quietly sat Belle inside ignoring her questions. I'll tell her everything later.

As soon as I closed the door, Arabelle jumped into my arms like I was her lover waiting for her.

"What do you want?" I asked straight away as soon as the car speed off.

"You." She smirked.

I pursed my lips in a thin line trying to control my temper. "Arabelle, don't fucking test my temper. Just tell me what the fuck do you want."

I pushed her away from me. If she didn't know about Melania, she could have been dead by now.

"Divorce Rosebelle and marry me. Leave that trash." She whispered and I lost it. I grabbed her wrist and twist it making her cry out in pain.

I lean in close to her ear. "I don't want to hear her name from your filthy mouth. Stay the fuck away from her."

"Look at you Nic. You have changed. It's all because of that slut. Isn't it? She spat angrily and I twist her hander and she cried out in pain.

"Oh yeah and your a saint." I said sarcastically rolling my eyes.

"Why do you hate her so much. Isn't she your sister? Don't you share the same blood?Or are you adopted." I asked as I left her hand and she scowled at me. "All she ever did to you was save you and your parents from me. If she didn't replace you that day, you and your parents could have been in hell."

"She isn't my sister." She hissed at me angrily. "She is no one to me. If you want Melania alive, you'll divorce her and marry me."

"You know what? I change my mind." I said and her face lighten up. "I'll kill you and search Melania myself."

Her smile fell and turn into a glare. "Oh really? Nikolai, do you thing I'm that stupid to just come and make a deal with you? If you kill me, you'll never see her again. I'm the only one who knows where she is."

She took a couple of steps back smirking at me while I glare at her. Fucking bitch. "See you at our wedding, darling."

I scoffed. "Глупая сука."

I got in my car and started the engine. I just want to go home and cuddle with my Belle.

If only I knew, I was going back to an empty house then I wouldn't have stepped a foot on that house.

                               « ★ »