ฅ Chapter 16 ฅ

POV George

I don't know where I am, all I know is that I kept walking and finally reached buildings. My phone died ages ago and now I'm just looking around, hoping to find anywhere for me to go, when I stumble across a small hotel. It seems to be about 5 stories tall, with a pretty nice looking lobby, so I enter and walk up to the front desk.

"Excuse me?" I say, getting the attention of the lady behind the desk. She looks up at me.

"Would you by any chance have any available rooms right now?" I ask, nervousness bubbling up from my lack of social skills.

"Ah yes, there's a room that just opened up, but it has not been cleaned yet so it might take quite a bit. You're welcome to wait down here." she says, thankfully no hint of any negative emotions.

"Thank you," I say as I move to sit on a sofa against the front window. I sigh as I wheel my suitcase to sit on the floor, next to me. I stare at my hands as I sit there patiently, why did my day come to this?

POV Dream

Sapnap finally came home from the store, and all I've been doing is laying in my bed and spam calling George.

I know Sap suggested for me to give him some time, but I just can't help but worry. He doesn't know what happened. In fact, I don't even know what happened.

Now that I think about it, everything weird with George that happened in the past week just makes sense now. The constant head-covering, wearing a hoodie everywhere and all the time, even Patches favoring him. And I can only assume Patches wasn't actually nearby when I... talked... to George yesterday.

My face flushes red as I think back to that moment. George actually likes me. And I fucked it up. I've never felt more mad at myself.

I shouldn't have had to leave him like that. I should've been able to wait for him in the hallway so we could have a normal conversation and avoid everything that has happened. But nope, my stupid teenage-like hormones.

I huff out a breath of air as I roll over, back onto my stomach to shove my face into my pillow. Sapnap's been in and out of my room to check up on me, but I'm pretty sure he's almost just as worried, unsure of what actually went down.

I sit up on my bed immediately and grab my phone. I'm not just gonna sit here and wait. I'm gonna go out there and find him. I mean, it's not like he could get very far right? He wouldn't have had enough time to get an Uber so he definitely walked.

I slip out my door and rush down the stairs to put my shoes on.

"Where are you going?" I hear Sap ask from the couch behind me.

"To find George." I say as I get the other shoe on.

"Just keep your phone on, okay?" he says, sighing as his gaze directs back down to his own.

"I will," I confirm, twisting the door handle and opening the front door, letting it shut itself behind me as I march down the driveway and onto the sidewalk. I figured it would be best if I stayed on foot rather than taking my car just in case I find him better.

I sigh as I click my phone off after checking the time and slipping it in my pocket. It's only been about 20 minutes since the whole incident, so there's no way he's gotten any farther than town.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

After about 10 minutes of speed walking, I finally reach town. I'm frantically looking left and right to try to spot him, unsure of where he would stop. And that's when I see it.

Through the window of the lobby of a hotel, I spot his suitcase next to a hooded figure, in which I automatically assume is him. I rush forward and slam the glass door open, glad it was push and not pull.

"George!" I say as he looks up at me. It's currently just the two of us in the lobby, not another person in sight.

"Dream?" he says quietly. He remains seated as I hurry over to him and sit down beside him to get to his level of vision.

"I've been looking everywhere for you!" I exclaim, "I even tried calling you but you never picked up!" I meet his eyes, hoping he'll catch my worried tone.

"You were looking for me?" he barely audibly squeaks.

"Of course I was! I was worried about you! You even left without saying anything!" I rub my face with my hands as I speak, slightly muffling my words.

He looks down and starts fiddling with the sleeves on his hoodie.

"I don't understand," he says quietly, "I'm a stupid freak, why would you care about me or want anything to do with me?" I could tell he was struggling to express his feelings.

"Because you're still George, no matter what, and I will always love you." I say confidently. I see a light blush tint his cheeks as he tries turning away from me to hide, failing miserably.

"Please, come home." I say, grabbing his hands gently to hold them, "We'll figure this out, but right now Sapnap is confused waiting back at the house."

I could tell by the look on his face that he was thinking. I'm sure he feels vulnerable now that I know his secret, but I hope he'll finally feel more comfortable to open up more around me.

"Okay." he agrees quietly. I smile at him as he stands up with me, but before he can even grab his suitcase handle, I wrap my arms around him and envelop him in a hug. He freezes for a second before melting into my hold, also wrapping his arms around me.

As I hold him closer, I start to hear the faintest sound of a rumbling. He's purring.

My heart warms up at the thought that I'm able to make him happy and comfy enough to be so vulnerable around me. I just don't want to let go yet, but we really should get back to Sap.

After a few minutes of purrs filling my ears, I very lightly push him away and grab his suitcase handle, grabbing his hand with my open one.

"Let's go home." I say, letting George pull the door open for me so I can wheel his suitcase onto the sidewalk pavement.

I think everything is going to be fine, especially now that George is with me.

(Word Count: 1126)

A/N: At this point I'm just writing chapters half-asleep without editing :^)