Suzy's Ship

Lisa's pov:

After school finally ended, Suzy picked up me and the rest of the girlss to head to the boxing ring to practice for a match coming up this Sunday.

It is our biggest rivalry yet, South Point high school.

It always goes back and forth, we win, they win, we win, they win.

And right now, we are tied head to head for number one in the league.

So yes, it is a pretty big deal.

That's why everyday this week I spent at least two hours at the boxing mats.

As team captain, of course I want to lead the team to victory, but I can't have any slackers.

I have been debating on telling my parents where I go all the time, but I just end up pushing it off to the side.

It's easier just to tell them that I am hanging out with friends.. technically I'm not lying.

"Give me my phone back you idiot." I hear behind me. I turn around from my seat to glare at Jisoo and Seulgi who are fighting over Seulgi's phone.

Suzy is driving, I'm shotgun, and Jisoo, Seulgi, and Ryujin are in the back.

"I'm just looking through it. Why, afraid I might find something?" Jisoo says laughing at Seulgi's failed attempts.

"If you pansies don't stop right now, I will kick you out of this car and make you walk the rest of the way." Suzy says in a harsh tone while focusing her eyes on the road.

It didn't help that both of our seats kept getting bumped every time one of them pushed the other.

After the threat, they stopped yelling over one other, but that didn't stop them from shoving.

I roll my eyes at them and look at Ryujin who is just peacefully looking out her side of the window.

How she is so calm and well mannered when she is with us I have no idea.

But I have noticed she was.. quieter... than usual.

I mean, Ryujin usually doesn't talk a lot in our conversations but she just looks out of it this time.

"So, what time is the match on Sunday?" Jisoo asks while giving Seulgi one last shove before looking at me.

"Coach said he would tell us at practice today or tomorrow." I say back turning around and looking forward at the road.

When we get there, we set our stuff down and head straight where Coach was.

He wasn't hard at all to find because he talking pretty loudly to some of the other girls on the team.

"Hey coach." I say walking up to him with the girls behind me.

"Good, you girls are here." He says clapping his hands together.

His face than becomes stiff, indicating that this probably wasn't going to be an easy practice.

"As you all know, these South Point kids are quick on there feet. Last time we barely won because some of you were already out of breath before the second round." Coach says looking at some of the girls in particular.

"So, I want you running laps from now up to the match on Sunday. I want thirty laps, should take you ten to twenty minutes, now." He says blowing his whistle.

Half of the team groans but do it because coach can get pretty mean when we don't follow his rules.

Me and the girls run in a pack so we could talk while doing this.