Chapter 24

<December 2022>

"What do you mean by Eunhye is dating Felix?!" Mark exclaimed from behind me. "I thought she is dating me? Wait we're not official yet, I mean wasn't she supposed to date me? When did this Felix guy enter the picture?"

Mark.. You're completely missing the point..

I turned to Gaeun, "I'm assuming they plan to use me and Felix to cover another couple that dispatch was going to announce?" I asked.

Both Taeyong and Gaeun nodded, "Your guess is right, the company's asking you to go to the meeting room right now. Apparently Felix is already there as well." Gaeun told me with worry in her eyes.

I nodded at them, but before I could walk out Mark stopped me by pulling my arm. "No." he commanded.

"Mark what are you saying? I have to g-"

"I said no, Eunhye. Don't make me repeat it." Mark commanded me again with a much darker tone.

I pulled my hand off his, "I have to, Mark. We're both still under our contract, if they are asking me to do it then I have to." 

Mark started to get more emotional, "Then what about me?! I understand your dating ban which is why I forced myself not to find you, even when I desperately need to see you! I waited almost a fucking whole year. I didn't wait that long just for you to date someone else, Eunhye!" Mark yelled angrily. 

"Do you know how much my eyes desperately search for you all the time there's a chance? How hard I fought myself to not see you? Only to notice that you're too busy with something else, that you rarely pay attention to me. And now you're just planning to leave without even thinking twice to not comfort me that you're only in love with me. What kind of person wouldn't feel hurt hearing the person they love will have to date someone else? Do you even love me..?  Why does it seem like I'm the only one in love here..?" Mark's voice started to crack, eyes looking down.

I noticed that Taeyong and Gaeun left during the middle of Mark's yelling to give us privacy. So I decided to hug Mark tight, with guiltiness in my chest.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I apologized to him, wiping his tears that were threatening to fall out of his eyes.

"I didn't mean to make you feel like that, I'm sorry for not showing how much I love you. I love you so much, please trust me on that." I said softly, feeling that I also want to cry. From how much I love this man in front of me.

"I'm sorry if I don't show it as often as you do, trust me my eyes are always on you secretly. You are always in my mind too. I love you, I love you so so much, Mark Lee." I whispered to him and kissed his nose.

Mark placed his hands on both of my cheeks, "I love you too, so so much." he giggled, finally calming down a bit.

I smiled at him and pecked his lips, "Do you want to do something crazy?"

Mark looked at me in confusion.

***

"Eunhye-ssi? Sit here, beside Felix-ssi." the CEO instructed me. I bowed slightly at everyone in the meeting and went to sit next to Felix.

"We're gathered here to discuss about your fake dating as you guys might have heard from your leaders. Apparently Dispatch wanted to either expose Twice Tzuyu's dating life or NCT Jaehyun's dating life." the SM's CEO started.

Jaehyun? You mean they were planning to expose Jaehyun and Haewon again?

"You might know, Eunhye-ssi. But the last time Jung Jaehyun and his girlfriend got exposed, SM stocks plummeted down due to fans boycotting. We don't want that to happen again. As for Chou Tzuyu's case, JYPE doesn't want to take the risk of fans boycotting as well since Chou Tzuyu has a huge fanbase." the CEO, Mr.Kim, continued.