Chapter 12: Striking Tempest Part 1

During the late meeting in the town, elsewhere in the forest, the lizardman named Gabiru awakes in a panic. Since no real wound was inflicted and F/N held back enough strength to not break the lizardman's back, the damage was oddly minor. His men were surrounding him as they were moved to tears seeing him alive and well. One of them was so moved he tackled the leader in a hug. As Gabiru is about to ask where he was, images flash in his mind as to what happened, the events finally processing. What looked to be a young human appeared in front of him and struck without warning while his guard was down. Distracted by other things.

"We've been deceived," Gabiru said as he stood up.

"What do you mean?" One of the men asked as the others began to mutter between themselves.

"Simple, that one that attacked must be none other than..." He paused for dramatic effect, "A [Hero]!"

His subordinates were silent and confused for a brief moment as Gabiru's proud stance after the declaration made them wonder, "A hero living with monsters?"

"It must be, there's no way he would lose otherwise!"

"Certainly."

"It all makes sense," Gabiru explained as if he figured it all out. "With the disappearance of Veldora, the humans were sure to send powerful people into the Jura Forest to investigate. One of them clearly took over a goblin village and began developing it for humans."

Slowly, his followers that weren't there began to see it despite how untrue it was, though the one F/N questioned brought up a good point, "But he had magical energy, he released it after you were defeated."

The statement was like a brick to Gabiru's face, he was so caught up in his own moment that he didn't properly examine everyone there, "Hmm, that does not matter... Clearly that is the person in charge and he used the appearance of a young human to deceive us into lowering our guards!"

They were easily convinced. Their blind faith in what Gabiru says is a scary thing but is rather equal to Rigurd's enthusiasm. Monsters follow the strong and, objectively speaking, Gabiru is strong in terms of the lizardman tribe. Being the only named one came with that kind of perk. While his men were getting upset on his behalf, and boosting his ego, Gabiru tried to play it off cool as if it wasn't the most one-sided defeat of his life. And mixed in the chatter was the voice of an unusual person.

It was a masked man, but was neither the one that offered Benimaru his name nor the one that attacked with the Orc Lord. Though he was certainly connected to them. The man dressed as a clown, with dark and light purple striped clothes, dark blue pointed shoes and gloves, and a red sash around his waist that matched his hair. But then there was the black mask, asymmetrical in design, with a bright smile as if mocking, and a red nose to boot. Though one eye appeared covered by the mask, the man was to not be underestimated.

"You're the best, Gabiru!" The masked man applauded.

"Oh, no, I'm really not that-" He turned to face the man who appeared casually alongside his men, "Wait, who are you?!"

"He's been here this whole time," One of the lackeys said.

"You're just as great as I heard," The clown made a small fancy bow, "My name is Laplace. I've come as a servant of Lord Gelmud to give you a warning."

"Oh! Lord Gelmud!" Gabiru got excited hearing that name. "Thank you for coming out of your way to warn us! What is it?"

"It is an incredibly important matter," The clown started to twirl past Gabiru, "The one leading the orc army, is none other than an Orc Lord."

"Orc Lord?!" The lackeys all yelled in surprise.

The clown, Laplace, stopped to pose, "The current chieftain is a capable man, but at his age, honestly speaking," He leaned forward, "Can he really challenge an Orc Lord when even the ogres couldn't?"