Chapter 23

It was the start of the first day of class. Charlotte woke up hyped as ever. It was a few hours before class. She had already wore her custom black uniform.

The students who have left with their parents have returned. It was rounded that 3/4 out of the freshman, sophomore, junior and senior students left the academy to visit their parents.

She ran to Huston's room and woke him up,

"Five more minutes."

"Shut up and get up it's the first day of class."

"Yeah whatever."

Charlotte managed to wake Huston up and waited for him to get ready. The school's uniform was really nice. Charlotte liked her black uniform a lot.

It was nice how they had a magical book pouch to store their books and stationery. It was like a normal locker except it was portable, light and magical.

They got out of their dorm and saw the hallway packed with people, new faces all round. Of course, eyes surrounded Charlotte as she stood out with her uniform. It was already normal for her so she didn't
think anything of it.

As the academy was packed, there of course gonna be more than one class. Luckily, Huston was in the same class as her. They went to the class and the student's gaze landed on Charlotte once more. They questioned her black uniform.

The students have all been seated and the professor walks in,

"Greetings freshmen, I hope you all like the academy environment. Please introduce you all one by one, starting from the top left."

All the students introduce themselves,

"Hello, I'm Charlotte Alpheus. I hope we can get along."

"The names Huston Lorel."

-

"Thank you. Now, I shall begin my first lecture."

-

The professor finished the lesson and hands out a simple assignment as it was the first day after all.

"Please put your assignments on my desk tomorrow morning. Thank you."

The next professor comes in and gives another lecture, the same thing happens. An assignment was given out once more.

-
There were four periods each day. History, Math and Language. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays were sword training while Tuesdays and Thursdays were mana training.

As it was Monday, the Chief professor whom they call, Mister Hemsworth was the professor assigned for Charlotte's sword fighting class.

The professor greeted himself and led the class to their own private arena built for that specific class. The academy was wealthy after all.

"Class, this is your first day of sword training. We will advance 3 levels each year. Today's task is simple, find a partner to spar with. Whoever gets 10 wins first will be the victor. The loser has to run 10 laps around the arena."

Everyone had already found a partner, except Charlotte. Huston knew he would lose if he teamed up with Charlotte so he found someone else.

Huston that bastard.

"Charlotte, it seems that you don't have a partner. Shall I be your sparring partner?" The professor offers.