chapter sixty-four

season two ; episode six { My Druthers }
chapter sixty-four

"I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE RELATED TO DENMARK TANNY," John B says after Pope finally tells them what he and his great grandmother discussed

"I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE RELATED TO DENMARK TANNY," John B says after Pope finally tells them what he and his great grandmother discussed. Apparently Denmark Tanny is related to him which is why Limbrey is so interested in the boy. "Are we in the presence of a royal?"

"A king?" JJ says, stepping forward to Pope. "We shall crown him. All hail the lord of Tannyhill," he says in a British accent, pretending to place a fake crown on Pope's head.

"Can we all relax?"

"Relocate to Cat's Ass, question mark?" Sarah asked.

"I'm with that."

"How soon can we move in?" Kiara asked

"'Cause I don't have a place to stay," JJ says, turning to Kiara.

"Me either. Bunk beds?"

"Bunk bed. Cheers to that," JJ and Kiara clinked beer cans and Brooklyn smiled, glad to see that they were okay with one another after all the crap that's happened.

"I just keep thinking about the letter, the one that Limbrey sent," Pope says. "It had the wheat symbol on it. That must mean it has something to do with the Royal Merchant."

"Yeah. Something seems fishy."

"But if we find that cross, we can split it like we are gonna split the gold," Pope told them.

"Yeah. I'm with that."

"And live happily ever after?"

They all turned to see Limbrey and her... whoever that was. Her bodyguard? Helper? Who knows? She pulled herself along with her crutches. She looked from Brooklyn and John B to Pope who stepped up and said, "You assaulted my father."

The guy who was with her, the guy that tried to kidnap Pope stepped up and pushed the boy back. "Don't touch him," Brooklyn pushed his arm away.

"Oh, I didn't assault anyone," Limbrey says.

"He can identify the psycho from a mile away," Kiara commented.

"Why would my employee a... a... assault your father?" She turned to the man, finding it hard to believe but nobody caught her innocent act. "That's absurd," she laughed. "Listen, we can keep on negotiating, but the fact is that I want the key," Pope tried to step up to her again but Brooklyn was holding his arm back and her "employee" was pushing him away. "And I won't stop until I have it. I don't have a choice, which means you don't either."

John B pulled the key out of his pocket. How did he have it? Didn't Pope have it? "It's Limbrey, right? Is that right?"

"Yes."

"Is this what you're looking for?" He asked, fiddling with the key in his hand.

"Yes, it is."

"Looking at the tide right now, I'd say it's about  twenty feet deep out there," he paused, smiling to himself. "So, if I just threw it in the channel, the probability of you finding it again is slim to none. You wanna give it a shot? Ready?" He stepped over to the side, ready to throw it over.