ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Twenty-Two

Song: Waiting Game

By: BANKS

Dedicated to: My pretties and uglies (my friends at school)

I jumped up into the air and threw the basketball into the net

"Good job, Reyes!" Coach Hollis yells from the sidelines and I hear almost all the boys groan at another failed attempt to steal the ball from me.

I'm being a cocky bastard.

Malia sitting down on the bleachers with Josie and Khloe. They're waiting for us since we all decided to hang out after school. The rest of the group is in the parking lot waiting for us. I have no idea why Malia, Josie, and Khloe are in here but I'm not complaining.

My teammates are for sure though.

"You showing off for your girlfriend, Reyes?" Gio comes up behind me and slaps a hand on my back. I rolled my eyes knowing how much of an asshole Gio can be.

He isn't wrong though, I am showing off.

How could I not be?

Ten-year-old me is bursting with excitement. He's daydreamed of days like this. Little Malia would be sitting down on the bleachers, cheering me on, and yelling how good I was at doing jump shots. That dream died the minute I heard what she said about me to whoever was in the room with her at the time.

I still wonder about that too.

Who was in the room with her?

"Yeah, Reyes, so how good is that pussy?" Aoki snickers with Gio.

I glanced over to Easton who's glaring at the boys and even see Mark behind him trying to hold himself down from punching these two assholes.

In a swift move, before Aoki or Gio could even react, I grabbed them by their practice jerseys and held them in place.

"Listen to me when I say this—" Both boys stared at me with wide eyes, "—keep talking about my girlfriend like that and I'll make sure you won't play basketball again in your fucking lives. Got it?" They nodded their heads quickly and I let them go.