Chapter Sixty-Seven: Strength of Earth, String of Shadow and Fire

Natatawa ako sa naunang chapter title, "Sparrow's Shadow String Technique ft. Fire and Earth." ㅠㅠ

-chapter sixty-seven-

FINN

There's the weakness. Now the problem is how to use it in defeating the dragon.

Mabuti sana kung walang lava sa floor. Two of us can make a distraction, while the other sneaks in and stabs straight to the heart. The most effective blade to use was Marcella's, dahil ito ang pinakamalaking weapon sa'ming tatlo. My throwdagger and June's ice pick are almost the same size, her blade thinner than mine.

But right now, our movements are limited on the upper floor. Isa pang problema ang fire breath ng dragon. One single blow and we will be reduced to ashes.

What other way can we use to direct our attack to its throat?

"Hoy. You're here to help us, not to stare into space." June complained as she landed beside me, avoiding the dragon's claw slash that made scratches on the wall. "Kung 'yan lang naman attitude mo dito, it's better if we left you out there."

"Preferable." pagod kong sagot. "Don't think you can survive without me."

The words feel foreign in my tongue, since I've never thought of those. But I wouldn't deny the fact that her offended face looks satisfying.

June scoffed. "At paano mo naman nasabi 'yan? Kahit kami lang dito, we can still kill that dragon. You should be thankful I saved you from the hatred outside."

I gave her a blank stare. Bakit naman ako magpapasalamat sa pasimuno ng 'hatred' na natanggap ko?

"How?"

"Anong how? How did I save you? Siyempre, kasi dinala ka namin dito-"

I cut her off, not interested in that part. "How to beat the dragon?"

June was sent to a pause, mouth abruptly falling to a close at my question. Hinayaan ko ang katahimikan na mabuhay sa pagitan namin. I stood there, waiting for June's answer.

It arrived after a few minutes, the sounds of blades and claws clashing present behind us. "Bakit, alam mo ba?"

Naningkit ang mata ko sa kaniya. That was her response after thinking for minutes?

"Don't throw it back." tukoy ko sa tanong. "Weren't you confident?"

"Between the two of us, Finley, I'd say you're the one acting all mighty and confident. It's fucking annoying."

Bumuntong-hinga ako't nag-iwas ng tingin. Wala talagang punto ang usapan kapag si June ang kaharap. She's just avoiding the question because she doesn't know it. If she thinks I'll say the answer, then she's wrong.

There's nothing wrong with confidence too. After all, I have something to be confident about.

"Do you have a plan in mind, Sparrow?"

Dumako ang tingin ko kay Marcella na nasa tabi ko na pala. The dragon was shaking its head, like it was under some spell or trying to get over a strong attack. Alam kong panandalian lang ang epekto noon kaya tumango ako kay Marcella.

I can't just be selfish and keep the information to myself. Mas mabuti kung sabihin ko sa kanila so they can also help me to find an effective plan.

Aside from the dragon, time was our greatest enemy. I believe in the people left outside, ngunit hindi ko alam kung gaano talaga kadami ang mga dragon at gaano ito kalakas. I... also don't want to lose anyone again.