40

|Enzo's POV|

I was downstairs, waiting for Lea to come down along with the others. We were going to that dinner with my family.

Alessio was also going to come but he would join us later since being late's his thing.  No matter wether he was busy or not, he would always be late. He would do it unintentionally. According to him, it was fun.

She came downstairs wearing a black dress which hugged perfectly her curves and reached till above her knees. She smiled at me when she saw me, "Hey. You ready to go?"

I nodded, held her hand and went outside. She got into the seat next to mine while I got into the driver's seat then I started the car and sped away to my parents' house.

Their house wasn't too big but not too small either. It was of an average size. They liked to have their own privacy and since all their kids were adult, we preferred to give them their privacy and we also preferred to stay in our own homes.

After around ten minutes of driving, I pulled the car to a stop. Lea and I got out of the car and entered the house, surprised to see that Arabella, Paulo, the kids, Antonio, Blake and Marina was already there. They flashed a smile in our direction.

"Enzo!"

"That's my name." I mumbled making mom roll her eyes, "I'm glad you came and I see you've brought her." She looked at Lea and smiled, "Lea, sì?"

"I'm Ricardo, in case you've forgotten." Dad said to Lea who only nodded in response before asking, "Where's Alessio?"

"Ah Alessio..." mom mumbled, "He will be late. He always is."

Dad chuckled at what she said, "Yeah. We'll wait for him, in the meantime, how about we get to know our new guest? Hm? What do you say, Lea?"

Lea nodded her head, and we both watched as my parents walked further into the house, in the living room.

Lea glanced at me as soon as they were out of sight, "I came here to eat not to be interviewed."

I rolled my eyes at what she said, "Deal with it."

"Asshole" she muttered within her breath before we went to the living room and sat down with the rest. My parents began asking Lea questions about her age, work even though they knew she was an assassin- they could be nosey sometimes.

They also asked her about her relationship with me. Lea was unsure of what to say. I could've sworn she said 'Bed Mate' but instantly replaced it with 'Friends' . My parents smiled at what she said while I smiled too but internally.

After what felt like hours, the door flew open and Alessio entered. My parents stood up and hugged him which he instantly returned.

Mom tried to fix his -what looked disheveled to her- hairs but Alessio groaned and lightly slapped her hand away, "Don't. You're ruining my hair."

"You're late again." Mom said to which he smirked, "Something tells me that you are not surprised."

"Come on! It's dinner time." Dad said just as Alessio walked over to Lea and hugged her which she returned. I couldn't help but get jealous of their relationship.

We all sat at the dinner table. Lea sat beside me, Alessio beside Lea and the rests sat in their usual place.

|Alessio's POV|

"So, how have you been, Alessio? We hardly hear about you these days." Enzo's mom, who I also call mom asked.

"And what have you been doing? Why didn't you come to see us? We've missed you" Enzo's dad added making me internally roll my eyes.

See? That was exactly why I hated these family dinner. They start to ask you questions about everything you've been doing. Next thing you know, they would ask you what time did you shit today.

"Just busy with work" I replied, taking a bite of my food. Ricardo hummed in response, looking unconvinced. I did not lie, though.

"So, any girls?" Antonio asked, smirking at me. Antonio had always been a real pain in the ass. He wouldn't date anyone but he would literally force you to date someone. He was that desperate for a sister-in-law.

I used to think that Antonio was gay until he told us he had a crush on a girl. Sadly for him, the girl met with an accident and lost her life. Antonio was heartbroken but he got over it.

Wanting to mess with him, I replied, "Yeah"  I heard gasps all over the table making me groan- here we go again.

"How old is she?" shot Arabella then another question was followed by Antonio, himself, "What is her name?"

"Where does she come from?" I heard the familiar voice of Enzo's dad ask then—

"What's her bra size?" 

"Wait what?" I asked, my head snapping to the person who asked that question. Blake. Of course, it was Blake.

Lea snorted, hiding a laugh while Enzo cleared his throat. Blake shrugged at us, "Couldn't think of another question."

His girlfriend, Margarita or something like that, who was beside him nudged him, as if asking 'Are you fucking serious right now?'

**

When we were done with dinner, I returned to my house, tired. I had a meeting with a guy named Scott or something like that tomorrow morning. I needed a good night sleep.

➷➷➷➷➷