2

"(M/n)!" Naoya calls out for the boy. The seven-year-old looks over and waves at him. "Tag!" Naoya laughs as he runs away. (M/n) got up and runs after the boy. Both boys began to climb on the houses. Some of the people watched as the two boys were having fun. Everyone knew about (M/n), the boy that was made to be the best. Some only thought of him as a soldier for the Zenin Clan. Some thought of him as a trophy to the clan.

Naoya laughs as he was being chased, though his footing slips. He gasped and his eyes widen in fear as he felt himself lose balance. (M/n) acted quickly and did his Nue hand gesture. Quickly, it grabs Naoya from the shoulders and safely puts him down. (M/n) jumps down and lands quietly on his two feet. He walks up to Naoya and checks if he's alright. "I'm alright. Thanks." Naoya smiles as he grabs (M/n)'s hand. The boy sighs and helps Naoya up. "(M/n)." The two boys look up to see Toji. The male was 5 years older than them. "It's time to train," Toji says to the boy. He nods and waves bye at Naoya. Both boys knew about Toji having no curse energy even if he is a man.

Toji looks at the small boy as he was being pushed to his limit. He wonders why the boy has to cover his face. Was he that horrific to not be seen? No one knows the reason except Naobito and Ougi. Even if he had Zenin blood, Naobito, and the others - except Naoya- treat him like an outcast. (M/n) is only used as a trophy, a soldier, a weapon for them. Toji would often feel an odd attraction towards the boy. Whenever he looks at him, an odd sensation would go to his heart. He has spoken to the boy and he felt comfortable around him. He was a good listener and knew just what to do to make Toji feel human.

"You're done for today. Go clean up." (M/n) nods and gets off the ground. He winced as he felt his body felt sore. Toji slowly follows after the boy. He waits for the boy to be done cleaning up. Once he was out, the two walks out. "Are you feeling alright?" Toji asks. (M/n) nods and lets out a tire sigh. (M/n) looks up at the moon that gives the light in the night. He made a small butterfly and let it fly above the two. Toji noticed the boy's fascination towards butterflies. He thought it was weird for a boy to like such a thing, but he began to think if there was a more of a reason why he like butterflies. "Why do you like butterflies?" Toji asks. He knew that the boy - unsupposedly - couldn't talk, but he hopes that somehow he could hear the boys' voice. (M/n) stops walking and looks around. No one else was awake. Toji stops and looks down at (M/n). His eyes widen a bit as the boy began to undo his kimono. "(M/n), what are you-?" He stops as the light of the moon gives him the light to see the butterfly birthmark. Subconsciously, he went to reach to touch the boys' back, but he stops as (M/n) began to cover himself up again. "I see. It's a...unique birthmark." Toji says. (M/n) looks at Toji and his smile hid behind his black bandage. He walks next to Toji and leans his head on his arm. Toji's heart began to warm up in his heart. He places his hand on (M/n)'s head.

......

(M/n) crinkled the paper and he pressed harder against it.

Dear (Y/n),

If you're reading this then I am dead. Please know that I always did love you. You were the only person I had left after your mother left us. I only gave you away because I knew I could never give you a good life. I hope the Zenin Clan is treating you nicely. You go by (M/n) now, correct? It's a nice name.
I just want to tell you that I love you and always will. Right now, Papa is free...just like the butterflies that we saw together. I love you and I'll watch over you. You're my special little girl. I want you to do your best. Don't be like me and give up so easily. You're stronger than me. That's something I love about you. Can you do one favor for me?

Live a long life.

Love, Papa.

How can you say that when you're dead? (M/n) put the letter away and began to cry in his room. "(M/n), I- Hey?! What's wrong?!" Naoya asks as he runs towards (M/n). Naoya places his hands on (M/n)'s cheeks. "Hey, what's wrong?" He asks softly. (M/n) shook his head and tried to wipe away his tears. Though, due to the bandages, they prevented him from doing so. Naoya frowns at (M/n)'s a sad state. He wanted to help him feel better. He then remembers when he saw two people. The girl was crying and the boy tried to cheer her up by holding her close. Telling her that she means a lot to him and that he cared for her so much than anyone that he knew. He then did something that Naoya wasn't sure what it meant yet, but it made the girl stop being sad. Will it still work with a boy? I care a lot for (M/n), more than anyone that I know. I hope so, I want (M/n) to feel better. Naoya pulls (M/n) close and places his lips against (M/n)'s bandage ones. (M/n) froze as he felt the unfamiliar feeling. He wonders what Naoya was doing. Though, it felt...kinda nice. Naoya separates from (M/n) and smiles. "Hey, it works. Are you feeling a bit better?" Naoya asks. (M/n) nods slowly and hugs Naoya. (M/n) still felt heartbroken from her father's death, but Naoya made him feel a tad bit better. They both lay down and Naoya covers the two of them. The two continue to hug each other.