9 7 | J U L I E T

"Let's go fishing!" Norman screamed with the excitement of a kid at Disneyland for the first time. "I'm going to need a lot of hands so everyone is going to get to work today. No excuses!"

"Why the hell should we do that?" Abeo said, wrinkling his nose as if he could already smell a fresh out of the ocean half dead fish.

"To feed ourselves, of course. Those groceries are not going to last until dinner and we don't want to empty out all the supplies of that shop when other people living on this island might need it. And if you want dinner tonight, you better help out," Norman answered.

"We did not come here to work! We came here to relax and have fun," Nia whined. "Eli, you should've told us it was going to be like this. We had totally different expectations."

Eli, not understanding their problem, frowned. "But it was always like this and it's so fun to go fishing and then have it for dinner. I thought it would be fun for you guys too."

Pari groaned. "Not on that damn yacht again."

"You have the option of surfing your way over to us," Norman told her.

"You have surfing boards here?"

"No."

"Then how the hell will I surf there?"

"That's for you to figure out," he shrugged. "You don't like my yacht so you can get there however you want."

She gave him annoyed look. "I don't want to get there at all."

"Then you go find food for yourself."

That did the trick for everyone which then resulted in us going out to sea. I had never gone fishing so even if the smell disgusted me I was quite excited to try it out.

"We've got a lot of fishing rods. Take your pick," Eli said, bringing a bunch of them with him.

"Can I have one too?" Sloane asked.

"Of course, like I said-everyone has to get their own dinner."

Pari sneered at him behind his back but grabbed one and started fiddling with it.

Norman and Eli showed us how to use it and then soon we were all spread out on the deck with the hooks dipped into the water.

After a long time, Boonsri shrieked when something tugged at her rod. She began to reel in the line.

"Oh my God, I think I caught a big fish!" She told us.

But after a few minutes of her struggling, Colin put down his own rod and moved behind her to wrap his hands around hers so they could it pull it out together.

But turned out it didn't make much difference and now they both were on the verge of losing the rod to the ocean and even plunging after it themselves.

I sighed and handed my rod to Nova and was about to help those two idiots so they wouldn't end up in the water but before I could touch him, Nia jumped in between Colin and I.

"You guys need another hand."

So the three started pulling at it and Nia turned her head to smirk at me.

"You're annoying," I told her and snatched my rod from Nova.

I hadn't expected it but it was a pretty fucking big fish that they had caught.

"Wow. I've never caught something this big," Eli marveled as the fish twitched in front of him, still fighting for his life. "This one is going to taste delicious."

Imagine being a few breaths away from your death and the last thing you hear is how delicious you'd be by a salivating human bent upon you. Thank God fishes didn't understand human languages.