Chapter Thirty

As soon as Nathan opened the doors to his expensive apartment, I rudely barged past him and walked in like I owned the place. 

"By all means, come in," he spat sarcastically under his breath.

 "You were taking too long to open the door; it was frustrating," I shrugged as I quickly kicked my shoes off. 

Nathan gave me a dirty look before crouching down so he could rearrange my shoes more neatly. "Were you raised by rabid raccoons or something?" he grumbled slyly under his breath.

"Nope, by wolves," I corrected with a cheeky wink.

"Hmm, makes sense," he said drily as he slammed his keys down on the stand. "Come on, my laptops in my room, we can work in there," he said as he gestured me over to his bedroom.

 I raised an amused eyebrow. "Ooo, the bedroom, you say? I knew you were eager to get me into bed," I teased with a playful smirk.

"You know I didn't mean it like that," he said flatly without even sparing me a glance. He opened the door for me and gestured for me to go ahead. I turned to him with a smile. 

"Aww, it's like you're my cute little butler," I cooed as I reached out to squish his cheeks. 

He dodged them with a groan. "Oh, would you hurry up and go through the fucking door already," he snapped as he gave me a little push to urge me through.

 "Ooo, and he's a moody butler," I muttered as I made my way in. 

Nathan rolled his eyes before quickly making his way over to his desk chair and slumping down into it. As I waited for him to switch on his laptop, I skipped over to his bed and threw myself down onto it stomach first.

 Propping my head up lazily with one arm, I did a lazy sweep over his room. "God, I'd kill for a room this big your parents must be loaded." 

He swivelled around to face me with his arms rested lazily behind his head. "Hmm, I suppose," he mumbled nonchalantly. 

"What's it like?" I asked abruptly, the words leaving my mouth before I could stop them. 

He furrowed his brows. "What's it like to what?"

"You know, to be rich," I shrugged. "I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to live like you. All those fancy holidays, dining at five-star restaurants, not to mention, being able to get any guy you want," I listed in a daze.

Nathan pulled a face. "Get a guy? Hmm...no thank you, I definitely don't swing that way."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, simmer down, Natalie, nobody's threatening your sexuality. You've made it extremely clear how much you're into girls. Especially those of a certain type," I commented slyly. 

He paused as his eyes washed over mine suspiciously. "What do you mean by that?"

"Hmm, nothing," I hummed. 

"No spill," he insisted, his eyes narrowing with curiosity.

"Well, I couldn't help but notice you only seem to go out, or well, sleep with a certain type of girl."

 He raised an eyebrow. "Oh, really, sherlock, and what type might that be?"

"Tall, thin, brunette, and stunningly beautiful. Everyone I've seen you pictured with fit that very small and thin margin," I stated confidently.

Nathan recoiled back. "That's utter bullshit; I don't have a type. What do you think I do; sit there with a fucking checklist before I invite someone into my bed?" he scoffed.