Chapter XXIII: Family Drama

Family drama was something I had not attended before. Being an Indian that's hard to believe. Cause we believe in large and joint families. But I did not have that kind of family. The joint one or the large one. My mother's parents cut all ties with her when she married my father. And my daddu’s brother was a fraud. Leading daddu to cut him off of his business and life. That explains our small family.

Now that I sit here in the middle of the room with unknown people who are my family, I can't help but feel restless. These renowned, well known people I watched on TV since I was child are my parents. The infamous actor Armaan Jha and actress Ahana Jha were my parents. My impatience grew with their worrying, kind gestures. Are they really my parents?! Nobody said that aloud but it was pretty explainable. 

As daddu Shenoy explained what he told me in that room I held my head in my hands. The old man was giving me a headache while still keeping things. He was cautious while he explained things to my real parents. He has not told me why she kidnapped me?! There has to be a reason, right?! What was that?!

"What do you mean, married?! How come we were not invited?!" Armaan Jha papa grumbled.

Bewildered, I looked up at him. What was he complaining about?! Me being married or him not being invited?! 

As if sensing my glare, he cleared his throat, clearing my doubts, "I mean, look at my child." He then threw me a smile. "It's not her age to get married." 

"Armaan would you listen," daddu Jha was again got cut off by Armaan Jha papa. 

"I am. But you can't expect me to keep quiet when he tells me about my daughter's wedding. And I was not invited." He said glaring at daddu Shenoy.

Uncle Shenoy chipped in, "ugh, don't talk about that. They didn't even include me."

"Oh, I was part of the plan. But did I go?! No. Am I complaining?! Huh?!" Daddu Jha glared at both complaining adults. 

"But you were looking through the glass partition," both Uncle Shenoy and Jha papa exclaimed at a time. Dramatic much?! What do I say, it's the family of actors and actresses. 

"Yes! But that does not count," Daddu Jha retorted.

"Oh, it does. When you are not included at all," Uncle Shenoy frowned, still annoyed. 

Well, it's my first time witnessing the drama. I didn't know that well grown, matured ones could fight like kids. 

"Are you all done?! Can we focus now on matters better than this?! The matter that really matters." Daddu Shenoy points out, giving three a blank stare. Oh! He was the only one acting his age. I don't expect any less from him.

But my words went in vain as daddu Shenoy continued, "anyway, your presence wouldn't have made much difference____" 

"You fucktard," Daddu Jha grumbled. "Complete it_____"

Rushed footsteps stopped the bickering and everyone's attention turned to intruders. There stood Gashmir and Kanan drenched from head to toe. Oh! 'Mumbai's bin mausmi barsat'.